SMG Bartender in Punta Gorda, Florida
Savor...Charlotte Harbor, Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center Punta Gorda, FL
Position Title: Bartender FLSA: Part-Time Hourly/Non Exempt
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager/Food & Beverage Asst. Manager
This position is responsible for providing high quality customer service during all events, to achieve customer satisfaction and accurate accounting of all transactions, including inventory.
- Be at work and in proper uniform according to scheduled time.
- Follow instructions for each event as given by the Food & Beverage Asst. Manager or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Set up and service individual beverage locations.
- Display required signage at location.
- Verify cash register is programmed properly, according to SAVOR/SMG approved sales prices.
- Request identification from every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Sell to customer, charging amount indicated on SAVOR/SMG price list.
- Must adhere to SAVOR/SMG pouring policies.
- Properly receive and/or handle cash and/or tickets.
- Properly operate credit card machines for transactions as needed.
- Enforce all liquor laws.
- Accurately verify and account for all cash, liquor and cup inventory with supervisor.
- Maintain proper sanitation of work area.
- Follow proper safety practices in the work area.
- Remain at assigned location and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Report any customer concerns and/or complaints to the Food & Beverage Asst. Manager or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Break down and clean equipment after each event.
- Clean and return all portable bars and bar items to their proper storage area.
- Provide pleasant, courteous and efficient service to customers at all times.
- Follow all rules and regulation which apply to the SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Asst. Manager or Food & Beverage Manager.
- Position requires walking, standing regularly, lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Irregular hours dictated by events.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Part-time, event driven and the ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday hours is a must. There are no travel requirements.
KNOWLEDE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have ability to take directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register.
- Must have basic knowledge of credit card machine operation.
- Must have basic working knowledge of bar operation.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
- Must have ability to get along well with others.
- Must have ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to stand or walk for the duration of the shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION/AND OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a service-oriented environment.
- Must be TIPS Certified and provide copy of card.
- Must speak and understand English well enough to converse with customers, supervisors and employees.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive customer service oriented attitude at all times.
- Strong knowledge of sanitary practices.
- Maintains proper grooming and dress code standards.
- Work ethic encourages strong urgency and quality in a team environment.
- Ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Must have ability to follow directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have a pleasant personality and a neat appearance.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
This position requires stooping and lifting.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
TO APPLY: Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Recruiter: Ms. Sharon Markham
Human Resource Designee
Charlotte Harbor Event and Conference Center
75 Taylor Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
Applicants that need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process my contact Ms. Markham at
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled