SMG Dishwasher in Providence, Rhode Island
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Dishwasher for SMG/Rhode Island Convention Center. Responsible for: wash and properly stores all dishes, trays, eating utensils, cups and small equipment for the department. Maintains the dish room, dish machine and pulpier in a sanitary, efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms, screens, and baskets.
- Clean the pulpier machine at the end of the evening shift.
- Cleans and polishers machines thoroughly including removing any paper and hosing down interior.
- Checks machine to ensure it is operating correctly and reports any defects immediately.
- Washes and stores in their proper place all dishes, trays, utensils, cups and small equipment for the department.
- Checks water temperature during dishwashing operation to ensure proper temperature.
- Removes trash from dish room and places in proper dumpsters and areas.
- Cleans and sanitize garbage cans and keeps liners in cans clean at all times.
- Cleans and keeps dish room area neat including detergent storage area and belt line.
- Keeps all lowerators clean, polished and neatly stored.
- Do necessary pull for each event. (A pull sheet generated by the Banquet Manager will provide when pulls are necessary)
- Cleans dishes, glassware, pots, pans, silverware, silver service and kitchen items including storage racks, floors, walls, dish area and all other items requested.
- Ensures all PPM levels for sanitizer on dish machine and pot sinks meet specific requirements for health standards.
- Maintain all drains in kitchen, pantries, bar room, back halls, and any other area within the Food & Beverage Department.
- Clean and maintain all pantries in the facility.
- Keep utensil racks, dish storage area, dry storage area, mop room, banquet area, dish closet, garbage cans, glassware, storage areas, bake ware storage areas, and any other storage areas fro kitchen wares clean and orderly
- Maintain kitchen and all food service area floors, drains, and garbage as directed by the Lead Steward or Executive Chef.
- Assist in plating of food product, loading hot boxes, and the moving of food product from kitchen to function area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Six months experience in high volume dish room
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in the primary language used in the work place.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Ability to handle high pressure environments with skill.
- Ability to work and manage staff in noisy and high temperature situations (when dish machine is operating).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, and carry bulky equipment weighing up to one hundred pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time to and from function areas and kitchen facilities.
- Must be able to push or pull heavy food storage units.
- Must be able to off load pallets of food and beverages.
- High heat and steam in the dish room
- Long hours standing
- High noise level
Hours of Work & Travel Requirements
- Hours are irregular and based on the needs of the client.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at our SMG online Career Site
Recruiter- Nicole LaFratta
SMG -- Rhode Island Convention Center
1 Sabin Street, Providence, RI 02903
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 401-572-3528.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled