Aston Carter Accounting Manager in Portland, Oregon
Top Skills' Details:
TOP “MUST HAVE” REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 3-5+ years of operational accounting experience/2+ in lead/supervisory/management capacity
• Month-end close/review experience – journal entries/reconciliations/financial sheet prep
• Accounts Payable experience/Voucher payments
• Deltek ERP OR Relevant A.E.C Industry experience
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance or Applicable
PREFERRED “NOT-REQUIRED” QUALIFICATIONS
• Either Deltek or A.E.C industry experienced required – both preferred
• Advance degree or CPA - Preferred
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position assures that the firm’s financial accounting processes, financial record-keeping,
monitoring systems and performance are consistent with U.S. G.A.A.P. and the goals,
objectives, and vision of the firm. The position calls for experience, independent judgment,
initiative, and good communications skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this
position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract.
· Manage Financial Accounting Staff
· Recruit, train, onboard and manage additional staff as needed
· Maintain oversight of all accounting functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax,
General Ledger, financial controls and financial statement preparation
· Oversee month-end accounting processes to include bank reconciliation and journal entries
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP and submit to
management on a timely basis
· Work with the firms CPA’s on year-end tax planning, review of annual financial statements, and
federal, state and local taxes
· Maintain firm’s compliance with respect to other general business, insurance and tax filings
· Oversee treasury function, monitoring cash flow on a continuing basis and report status to Assistant
· Manage development and maintenance of internal documentation of all accounting processes
· Use best practices to establish proper controls for a company of the size and nature the company and alert
Assistant Controller and CFO of any actual or potential risks or concerns
· Oversee preparation of FAR overhead schedules, overhead audits, and special project rates
· Collaborate with Project Financial Analyst Manager to ensure proper integration and reconciliation of
project accounting data with financial data
· Continuously strive for efficiency and automation of all finance efforts
· Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to
appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters
bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization, past, present, and
· Assist Assistant Controller in forecasting and budgeting
Employee Value Proposition (EVP):
Industry powerhouse with amazing culture and efficient policies/procedures already in place.
Huge resume a builder and great industry experience.
Long-term client of Aston Carter - preferred client of choice for majority of current/former contractors.
Very high conversion rate to FTE for C2H placement types
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.