Aston Carter Accounting Manager in Portland, Oregon
A local Certified B-Corp needs help in their Accounting Department! Accounting Manager needed to help with reviewing month end, journal entries and reconciliations. They need someone that can start with minimal training. Great Opportunity!
Top Skills' Details
-5+ years in operational accounting, at least 3 in management/lead capacity
-Strong month-end review experience and can step in with minimal training(Main responsibility will be reviewing journal entries and month end)
-Experience with Journal Entries and Reconciliations
-Experience with Accounts Payable Payment vouchers
-No management experience needed
-A.E.C Industry background or "service related" industry who has worked with multiple clients
-Deltek Experience (Any ERP experience outside of QB will work)
The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this
position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract.
· Manage Financial Accounting Staff
· Recruit, train, onboard and manage additional staff as needed
· Maintain oversight of all accounting functions, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax,
General Ledger, financial controls and financial statement preparation
· Oversee month-end accounting processes to include bank reconciliation and journal entries
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with GAAP and submit to
management on a timely basis
· Work with the firms CPA’s on year-end tax planning, review of annual financial statements, and
federal, state and local taxes
· Maintain firm’s compliance with respect to other general business, insurance and tax filings
· Oversee treasury function, monitoring cash flow on a continuing basis and report status to Assistant
· Manage development and maintenance of internal documentation of all accounting processes
· Use best practices to establish proper controls for a company of the size and nature of and alert
Assistant Controller and CFO of any actual or potential risks or concerns
· Oversee preparation of FAR overhead schedules, overhead audits, and special project rates
· Collaborate with Project Financial Analyst Manager to ensure proper integration and reconciliation of
project accounting data with financial data
· Continuously strive for efficiency and automation of all finance efforts
· Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to
appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters
bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization, past, present, and
· Assist Assistant Controller in forecasting and budgeting
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.