Avantor, Inc. EHSS&S Specialist in Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Job SummaryWorks independently under close supervision, supports the organization's responsibility in maintaining and improving the work place. Monitors all security, hygienic, and environment control standards to mitigate risks and prevent accidents. May coordinate environmental reviews, emergency brigades, first aids and evacuation. Compile, analyze and interpret statistical data related to exposure factors concerning occupational illnesses and accidents. Investigate occupational accidents, analyse their causes to prevent them. Trains employees in the areas of security and safety in the workplace.
Accountability and Responsibilities:
• Develop facilitate, and promote employee safety improvement (Kaizen events, safety councils, and safety meetings).
• Implement workplace EHS requirements, processes/procedures as well as establish safety expectations. Communicate and coordinate guidelines for employee and contractor safety awareness.
• Recommend improvements and standardization to practices and procedures to ensure safe and healthy work conditions and maintain right to operate (environmental compliance).
• Conduct and/or review job safety analyses of laboratory work areas and processes to identify and mitigate EHS issues, such as chemical, biological, physical and radioactive hazards, as well as musculoskeletal stresses. Provides compliance advice for hazard prevention and risk-control principles and strategies.
• Track, calculate, and report health and safety metrics
• Liaison with site environmental team related to environmental compliance of organization’s operations.
• Ensure timely reporting, classification, and investigation of EHS incident or near miss events and communicate key learnings from environmental, health and safety events
• Complete regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements. Interact with EHS agency for inspections and regulatory advocacy.
• Drive EHS audit program to examine compliance with regulations and conformance with corporate standards and other related commitments. Ensure the tracking to closure of corrective and improvement actions taken in response to audit findings. Perform data analysis of the results.
• Lead, develop or coordinate training programs to increase proficiency in EHS practices and promote awareness. Documents and maintains required training records per organizational and corporate guidelines.
• Provide and follow up on all office ergonomic requests; coordinate with site ergonomics coordinator for non-office ergonomics assessments.
• Lead specialized work streams or be called upon to participate in other safety networks or committees within the organization.
• Keep the line organization appraised in making timely adjustments and continuously improve performance indicators through statistical analysis, performance metrics (leading and lagging indicators), monitoring results, etc. for organization’s EHS programs.
DISCLAIMER:The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law (https://media.vwr.com/emdocs/docs/EEO-is-the-law.pdf)
OFCCP EEO Supplement (https://media.vwr.com/emdocs/docs/OFCCP-EEO-Supplement.pdf)
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation
Avantor®, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. One of our greatest strengths comes from having a global infrastructure that is strategically located to support the needs of our customers. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries. We set science in motion to create a better world. For information visit, www.avantorsciences.com and find us on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avantorinc/) , Twitter (https://twitter.com/Avantor_News) and Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Avantorinc/) .