Comcast Sr. Analyst, Web Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Digital Center of Excellence (DCOE) is an entrepreneurial, fast growing organization within Comcast. Working within this division provides an entrepreneurial environment under the guise of larger corporation a truly unique structure. The Strategy & Analytics group within DCOE is looking for a Senior Analyst that can help take our analytics to the next level and beyond just basic reporting. The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker, a self-starter, an excellent communicator, and heavy experience with statistics.
- Work closely across DCOE stakeholders to analyze, document and track requirements tied to web analytics.
- Contribute to defining the strategic reporting and interpretation on a national, divisional, and regional level.
- Tie data across disparate sources together to create an end-to-end narrative for our customer experiences.
- Work with DCOE senior management to take identified marketing initiatives and/or problems and develop analytical strategy support for the program or solution
- Propose analytics implementation strategies and execution ideas based on business needs.
- Provide in-depth data reconciliation between various company-wide data stores and systems.
- Maintain direction and priority of projects/roadmap, with oversight from Analytics Director
- Ensure best in class practices are followed in the implementation and integration of analytics technology
- Assist business stakeholders in creating reports and dashboards in Adobe Analytics to track key metrics
- Co-ordinate Adobe Analytics code deployment across multiple teams
- Work with product owners and leads on estimation and prioritizing Analytics deliverables
- Create, own, maintain and track Agile User Stories tied to Analytics' development
- Organize, prepare and maintain business and operational documentation
- Co-ordinate with engineering teams to structure features and user stories in line with Agile best practices
- Collaborate with Release Managers across different applications to track deployments
- Work with our offshore reporting team to improve the sophistication and granularity of our reporting
- Operational lead on development acceptance testing and quality control activities
- Troubleshoots data issues and ensures integrity of the database logic and transformations monitor for performance/accuracy.
- Develop new solutions or processes to improve reporting efficiencies or to automate the correction of identified data discrepancies
- Define, recommend, author, and implement technical standards, metrics, and best practices
- Assist in the development of system requirements and database development/enhancements to support new analytic, operational, and reporting applications
- Maintain production related database processes and reference tables for the database, as well as develop processes to ensure data integrity and alignment across the analytic and marketing databases.
- Provides data-driven insights that shape strategy through data analysis, modeling, and reporting
- Conducts analyses of core KPIs for the business unit (e.g., traffic patterns and seasonality, sales effectiveness, conversion analysis, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of strategies, trends, initiatives, and best practices within the company and competitive landscape.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Computer Science or a related field. The equivalent in related work experience and self study may be substituted.
Years Experience -Generally requires 5-7 years related experience with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in highly analytically focused work (e.g., web analytics, financial modeling, data mining, statistics, etc.)
- Expert in web analytics' implementation (Adobe Analytics/SiteCatalyst/ Omniture required)
- Highly effective communicator, capable of delivering business-shaping insights to senior resources
- Hands on SQL experience preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Digital Marketing Cloud preferred
- Familiarity with e-commerce and/or Digital Marketing domain preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating results from in-depth analysis to business unit leaders that will help them make strategic decisions
- Demonstrated proficiency with database marketing practices and tools
- Knowledge of the Agile SDLC method and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Understanding of Rally Agile software a plus
- Telecommunications and/or Media experience a plus
- Strong Excel skills necessary. Familiarity with the use of macros in Excel a plus.
- Knowledge of Statistical Concepts and software a plus (Minitab, R, SPSS)
- Experience with creation and utilization of PowerPoint presentations with a strategic focus
- Demonstrated business process modeling and requirements definition
Compliance Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer