Comcast Senior Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Senior Analyst of Business Intelligence / Data Analytics is a key role within Comcast's Integrated Supply Chain Organization (ISCO).
The candidate demonstrates knowledge and expertise in the some or all of the following areas, namely data extraction, data manipulation / cleansing, dashboard design, and data science. Mentors other analysts from project prioritization and technical perspective.
- Based on stakeholder change or enhancement request, assesses data availability, technique and tool usage to best satisfy the need.
- Interacts and collaborates with cross-functional group across supply chain, IT, finance, product development and others to design the best possible solution.
- Showcases ability to extract, collate, and transform data from disparate systems for reporting and analytics use.
- Design visually interactive and actionable dashboards using data visualization tools. Understand the needs of non-technical internal users to present the results that can be easily consumed and acted upon.
- Solve analytical problems using quantitative approaches by developing predictive models.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL (Structured Query Language) including related services such as SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Solid understanding of big data analytics and data warehouses / data marts (including data extraction techniques / ETL).
- Experience in using a data analytics and visualization platforms.
- Experience is using data mining tools and techniques for quantitative analysis.
- Coding / programming (VBA, Python)
- Project management
- Working knowledge of supply chain management processes, systems, and best practices.
Preferred, but not required:
- Practical application/ use of Hadoop (or other open-source software framework for big data
- R programming language (or other related open source language that supports statistical computing)
- Exposure to advanced optimization (operations research), simulation
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain / Operational Research, or other related field
Field of Study: Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
Years of Experience: Generally requires 3-6 years experience in data analytics
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer