Comcast Senior Analyst, FP&A in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team leads the annual Budgeting and monthly Forecast processes for Comcast Cable. The Sr. Analyst role supports all phases of the Budget and Forecast process including the development of financial models and templates, creation and maintenance of key metric dashboards, and reporting and analysis of financial information.
- Perform financial statement analysis during the monthly forecast cycle to identify significant operational/financial variances.
- Work with various HQ functional departments and field divisions to understand monthly forecast variances and discrepancies.
- Monitor and report on forecast accuracy.
- Support in all phases of the annual Budget process including the creation of targets, issuance of guidance, template formation and maintenance, and business unit/field support.
- Contribute to the preparation of Budget presentation and supporting documents for senior management.
- Create and maintain dashboards of key financial metrics to facilitate routine reporting and analysis.
- Complete ad hoc requests and analysis in support of Director and VP.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans for existing, new, or proposed business operations.
- Provides analysis and evaluation of cost/expense problems and profit improvement opportunities existing within current business activities.
- Recommends changes in analysis and budgetary methods and procedures; analyzes the impact of various corporate projects and transactions.
- Analyzes and communicates weekly metrics, monthly results, quarterly and annual projections.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study - Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
-2-3 years in a financial planning or business analysis role
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand complex businesses, including financial and operational aspects.
-Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial reports and metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint; experience with Hyperion Essbase, Smartview, and OBIEE preferred.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills with demonstrated ability to execute against multiple projects.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer