Comcast Director, Data Governance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is expanding our world-class Enterprise Business Intelligence team! The role of the Director, Data Governance is to partner with teams across the organization to implement a Data Governance program to help manage data as a product. This position will be responsible for helping design and implement the program in several stages as part of a strategic plan to continue transforming Comcast into a data driven organization. This is a leadership position and will include both direct reports and cross functional leadership responsibilities. The pace is challenging but realistic.
- Assisting in defining and implementing enterprise data management strategies and processes to effectively govern enterprise data including both the accountability model and data policies/standards. Build and effectively deliver an associated data governance roadmap.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability across teams. In addition, he/she will have a key role in guiding and influencing various stakeholders across the organization to achieve the goals defined in the enterprise data governance and enterprise data management strategies.
- Implementing and integrating data governance tools spanning across a variety of teams throughout the enterprise to measure data quality and improve related metrics.
- Identify and track data quality issues and manage remediation plans with upstream source systems/platforms. Partner with teams to ensure incremental progress is achieved.
- Work hand in hand with the Data Stewardship and Transformation teams to formulate strategies and effectively help transform the enterprise in leveraging our universal data environment.
- Assist in the creation of a Data Quality Center of Excellence to reinforce enterprise standards and create DQ awareness and self-service capabilities.
- Drive and own delivery of the data governance program, leading a team in achieving measurable quarterly progress towards the goal of building data as a product across the enterprise.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience leading a successful enterprise data governance program
- Ability to lead a high performing team in driving performance and deliverables
- Ability to work effectively across a matrixed environment and influence without formal authority
- Ability to lead change and inspire flexibility amongst various teams
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of tools to query and manipulate data in varying file formats including Teradata, Hadoop and other databases
- Knowledge of programming and the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Analytical with strong problem solving ability
- 10 years of relevant data-related employment experience
- Exposure to the following a plus: Teradata, Hortonworks, Hadoop, Informatica, Tableau
- Knowledge of the Media and Entertainment and/or the MSO industry a plus
- Bachelor's degree required with related experience
- MBA or MS preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer