Caterpillar, Inc. Human Resource Consultant in Peoria, Illinois
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
Caterpillar provides services to our customers far beyond the initial equipment sale. We leverage connected equipment and our decades of application expertise to enhance customer performance. Caterpillar's Construction Industries Services Division (CISD) exists to support enterprise efforts to deliver value-added services to customers. By enhancing customer value, Caterpillar and our dealers create the opportunity to profitably grow our businesses while reducing the impact of market cycles.
Services is where we are investing our time, talent and money because they drive value for our customers, our company and our dealers. If you have a passion for helping customers succeed and want to be part of growing services, now is a great time to join CISD.
CISD has a global HR Consultant position open responsible for owning and supporting the onboarding experience of our growing team. This position will strategically consult, develop and support new employees and leaders from hire through their first year focusing on the pillars of our culture – inclusion, development and recognition. This position supports employees located all over the world in marketing and engineering functions. It is a dynamic, fast paced position modernized with our Workday technology.
To coordinate, administer and develop various human resources services, functions and programs.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Own, administer, promote, measure and expand CISD onboarding program; including but not limited to; mentor assignments, development cohort coordination, curriculum building and surveying.
• Assist leaders and employees in addressing individual and organizational effectiveness issues related to growth and onboarding of organization.
• External candidate onboarding: partnership with CISD HR and global partners on Workday Onboarding tasks
• Provide direction to employee population in interpretation and application of employee-related policies, practices and procedures.
• Utilize data and market intelligence to support onboarding and retention initiatives
• Coordinate programs for strategic workforce planning execution.
• Partner with talent advisor team and leaders on sourcing, recruiting and selection.
• Partner on key CI Segment people priorities in support of growing and developing Services.
• 4-year university or college degree is required
• 2- 4 years of practical human resource assignments
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is required
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, excellent interpersonal skills and personal accountability is required
• Ability to effectively influence others at all levels in an organization is required
Top Candidates will also have:
• Experience with analysis and reporting
• Experience presenting complex themes to audiences at various levels within an organization
• Outstanding judgment & creative problem-solving skills
• Location: Peoria, IL
• Relocation is not offered
• Remote work will be considered
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.