CLEAR CREEK-AMANA COMM SCHOOL DIST Assistant 7th Grade Softball Coach in Oxford, Iowa
TITLE: Assistant 7th Grade Softball Coach
LOCATION: Clear Creek Amana Middle School
JOB SUMMARY: To assist with instruction and lead the team in competition.
REPORTS TO: Activities Director and Head Coach
- Current coaching license from State of Iowa
- Ability to work well with others and willingness to assume responsibility.
- Ability to effectively supervise students while maintaining a positive relationship with them.
- Enjoys working with young people as well as staff and parents
- Capable of representing the school in a professional manner, which includes, but is not limited to: confidentiality, good oral and written communication skills, regular attendance and appropriate dress.
- Ensure that all athletes are properly supervised at all times.
- Attend annual coaches meeting each year to participate in the review of school policies.
- Participate in organizing and conducting a meeting with parents to discuss policies, expectations and any other information deemed necessary, before the first interscholastic contest.
- Assist with making sure that all physical forms and concussion are completed and returned to the head coach.
- Help get equipment ready to be used and assist the head coach in issuing equipment and uniforms.
- Ensure that training rules and eligibility regulations are enforced and violations reported.
- Help organize home events and get facilities ready for use.
- Be sure that all athletes have completed a \"consent for medical treatment card\" and keep available for all practices and contests.
- Help supervise and maintain the locker rooms, showers and training rooms.
- Help secure the facilities after events and practices.
- Attend all practice sessions and all games, or be available for a scouting assignment.
- Report all injuries to the head coach and athletic trainer. Assist in completing accident forms.
- Assist in notifying media of outcomes of events and help prepare stats for Varsity Bound.
- Help collect and inventory equipment and uniforms at the end of the season.
- Suggest to the head coach any new equipment purchases.
- May be required to work an extended contract if applicable, at no extra pay, if the team goes to higher levels of competition.
- Regular attendance.
- Carry out all duties assigned by the activities director, building principal or superintendent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The information contained in this job description is in compliance with the American Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals holding this position and additional duties may be assigned. The Clear Creek Amana School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation or gender identity. Federal law obligates an employer to provide reasonable accommodation for the known disabilities of applicants, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship on the employer.
\ \ For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.\ \