CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Community Relations Associate (MD Medicaid) in Owings Mills, Maryland
Resp & Qualifications
• Create brand awareness and opportunities for CareFirst Medicaid through grassroots and community-based efforts.
• Serve as education expert for Medicaid, developing consumer and stakeholder education and training programs and collaborative materials to reach prospective members.
• Build and maintain professional relationships health departments, Community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, and other community stakeholders to expand Medicaid education and plan branding efforts.
• Serve as a plan resource for community stakeholders.
• Create original materials, schedule, and conduct Medicaid education activities for Medicaid members, working closely with Marketing and Outreach team members to facilitate education sessions.
• Participate in the Local Health Improvement Coalitions and workgroups.
• Maintain relationships with representatives from faith communities, and nonprofits that serve the needs of medicaid members.
• Identify community outreach opportunities through personal and professional contacts, engagement in the community, participation on coalitions, and online research.
• Set up tables at health fairs / expos, community fairs, doctor offices to provide information on the plan.
• Track all events, presentations, and meetings using Excel.
• Collaborate with internal departments to resolve member concerns and needs.
• Visit and meet with health care providers to educate them on the benefits and get their commitment for table setups.
• Available weekends and evenings as needed for community events and meetings.
Working in a community setting conducting outreach, activities, or education
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
Proven ability to build relationships with people from many fields and social situations
Knowledge of Medicaid
Working in the healthcare or insurance industry
Special events coordination
High school diploma or GED
Communications both verbal and written; social perceptiveness; Word, Excel, PowerPoint; sound judgement and independent thinking; people skills; project management
Equal Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Please apply before: 8.19.21
Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship