SMG Prep Cook in Ontario, California
Position Title ONTARIO CONVENTION CENTER Prep Cook Job Code: 359412
Department Food & Beverage
Reports to Executive Chef/Lead Cook/Director of Food & Beverage
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: ONTARIO CONVENTION CENTER Prepares food orders, including entrees, salads, appetizers, sandwiches and other dishes.
- Washes, peels, slices, and mixes ingredients for salads, cold plates and garnishes.
- Carves and slices meats and cheese.
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes.
- Prepares fruit or seafood cocktails and hors d'oeuvres.
- Measures and mixes ingredients to make salad dressings, cocktail sauces, gelatin salads, cold desserts and waffles, following recipes.
- Prepares breakfast and dessert fruits such as melons, grapefruit and bananas.
- Maintains organized, sanitary workstation at all times.
- Labels and dates food items for storage.
- Assists in the preparation of cut vegetables, baked goods, and cold sauces.
- Distributes food to banquet servers to serve to customers.
- Maintains organization of walk-in coolers keeping them clean at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required: Two year certificate from culinary school or comparable experience
Food service health codes and standards
Read and interpret recipes
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position requires standing for prolonged periods of time, walking, bending and stooping; performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination; constant reaching and handling products; irregular hours including nights and weekends will be required.
HR Coordinator Recruiter- Terri Wallace
SMG‐Ontario Convention Center
2000 E Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA 91764
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled