SMG Destination Services Supervisor in Ontario, California
Position Title: Destination Services Supervisor
Department: Destination Services
Reports To: Destination Services Manager
Classification: Hourly, Full-Time
Position Summary: Supervisor of Guest Services Team at the California Welcome Center, Ontario Mills. The California Welcome Center is typically the guest's first interaction and it is our duty that our guests be welcomed and acknowledged with courteous, professional and positive customer service. As a Destination Services Supervisor you are responsible for ensuring that our team provides the highest level of guest service and that our standards are met and maintained always. As Destination Services Supervisor, you will act as the primary support for the Destination Services Manager and take on leadership responsibilities in their absence.
- Professional customer service etiquette and attire
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Office, Excel, and general computer functions
- Service-oriented, team player with a great attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Cash handling, POS/Register experience
- Maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Flexible schedule (Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends, some Holidays)
- Local and Statewide tourism knowledge a plus
- Assisting with Staff Scheduling, Training and Disciplinary action
- Supporting staff and new hires on POS functions, Company Policies, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assisting Destination Services Manager with additional tasks and projects
- Taking on leadership responsibilities in the absence of Destination Services Manager
- Maintaining a close professional relationship with Ontario mills Management/Clients
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Two to three years' experience in Customer Service/Retail Supervisor role.
Guest/Staff conflict resolution experience
Preferred: Previous experience in:
Valid California Driver's License (DMV)
Proficiency in computer software, including Microsoft Word, Office and Excel
Read, write, and speak English. Bilingual a plus.
Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Be detail oriented
Lead team by example
Present a professional appearance and demeanor always during the workday
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, employees, and the public
Operate modern office equipment, including computer, fax, phone, and copy machine
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position requires lifting to 40 lbs. without assistance; standing for more than 70% of the workday; some sitting, bending, and stooping may be required.
HR Coordinator Recruiter- Terri Wallace
SMG‐Ontario Convention Center
2000 E Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA 91764
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled