Chesapeake Energy Corporation Intern - Land Administration in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Intern - Land Administration
Date: Nov 20, 2023
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US, 73118
Company: Chesapeake Energy
Our core values — integrity and trust, respect, transparency and open communication, commercial focus and change leadership — are the lens through which we evaluate every business decision. As a dynamic, growing company that offers extremely competitive compensation and benefits, our employees are our most valued assets and the foundation of Chesapeake’s performance among our E&P competitors.
We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. We realize that, historically, underrepresented groups feel the need to be 100% qualified in order to apply. If you meet any combination of our requirements, we encourage you to apply. We strive to hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Land Administration Interns will be mentored by senior professionals as they analyze land documents to determine division of interests, resolve discrepancies, and perform data management activities. Interns are expected to work in a safe manner at all times and demonstrate company corevalues.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Review and interpret leasehold and title documents to calculate ownership and lease burdens for production proceeds from oil and gas wells.
- Maintain record title ownership through detailed analysis of various legal instruments, agreements and statutes.
- Utilize multiple Land, Accounting and IT systems, reporting tools and State and County websites in order to ensure accurate ownership data for both royalty owners and working interest owners.
- Professionally respond to royalty owner inquiries through phone, written or electronic communication.
- Resolve discrepancies with Accounting personnel, Landmen and partners.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through eﬀective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Oﬃce applications. Able to learn company speciﬁc applications.
- Able to eﬀectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrate research, mathematical and analytical skills.
- Able to work eﬀectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team. Able to handle sensitive and conﬁdential information appropriately.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail. Strong initiative and solid judgment skills.
- Ability to formulate and communicate new cost eﬀective concepts or ideas to leadership.
- Able to eﬀectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and demonstrate company core values.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or currently enrolled in a university degree program required.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Accounting, Business, Energy Management or related fieldpreferred.
- 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or equivalentpreferred.
- Participation in extracurricular activities preferred
- Student organization leadership experience preferred
- Will graduate no earlier than December 2025
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Chesapeake Energy Corporation's operations are focused on discovering and developing its large and geographically diverse resource base of unconventional oil and natural gas assets onshore in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Intern, Data Management, Entry Level, Data, Research
Find similar jobs:
Servicios Corporativos, Corporate Services
- Privacy (http://www.chk.com/privacy)
- Sitemap (http://www.chk.com/sitemap)
View All Jobs
© 2020 Chesapeake. All rights reserved.