Northrop Grumman Administrative Assistant w/ Graphic Design Experience in Northridge, California
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant w/ Graphic Artist experience in our Northridge, CA office.
In this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for:
• Greeting and assisting with the needs of all external guests and Northrop Grumman employees and ensuring that all visitors are appropriately registered and have required badging.
• Attending to visitors and responding to inquiries on the phone and face to face.
• Answering the phones and routing callers appropriately.
• Receiving and signing for deliveries, preparing mailings and sorting all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Ensuring that all supplies are on hand, office equipment is operational and common spaces are organized and presentable.
• Handle badge access for employees/visitors.
• Deliver the mail to the employees at 9451 Corbin.
• Route foreign national visitor applications through approval processes and administer the logistics upon their arrival.
• Coordinate with Security to run all background checks on visitors through Denied Party Screenings.
• Aide with logistical conference support as needed.
• Assist with the design, layout and coordination of editorial illustrations and creative artwork for the business unit.
• Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and assist in creating cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums.
• Other duties as assigned.
• HS diploma/GED
• Experience in Communications, Graphic Arts, Design, or a comparable visual communication field.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
• Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Ability to properly schedule appointments with multiple attendees.
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
• Above average keyboarding/typing skills.
• Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance; US citizenship required.
• Knowledge of All Adobe Creative Suite, (especially Photoshop, Illustrator), 3D modeling and rendering programs, such as ProEngineer or CATIA, Blender, Lightwave, 3D Studio (Max), Modo, Bryce, Wavefront, DAZ Studio, Poser, AutoCad, Solidworks, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Administrative Services