Kyndryl, Inc. Software Architect in NOIDA, India
Your Role and Responsibilities
At Kyndrl – Software Architect will interact with multiple stakeholders in the organization to understand requirements, viable technologies and strategic direction when making decisions regarding software. Their work includes determining multiple design alternatives, assessing each based on constraints (such as cost, schedule, space, power, safety, usability, reliability, maintainability, availability, and so on), and selecting the most suitable options for further refinement. The output sets the core properties of the system, and those that are hardest to change later. Software Architects document and outline the overall system and interface with the users and stakeholders. Very large, highly complex systems may include multiple architects, in which case the architects work together to integrate their subsystems. A Software Architect works closely with Product Management and Development leadership in overarching designs affecting the entire software portfolio. Software Architect will also work closely with other supporting functions such as Marketing, Support, and Services.
• Interfacing with company leaders and Product Management to determine direction and evolving technology needs.
• Be a champion for Data and AI team initiatives and values. Ensuring all actions promote the company mission statement.
• Mentor and support others as needed to cultivate and sustain industry leading technical expertise and professionalism.
• Working through others to identify the highest level of system requirements, based on the user's needs and other constraints. Ensuring that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined.
• Participate in cost–benefit analyses to determine whether requirements are best met by manual, software, or hardware functions; making maximum use of commercial off-the-shelf, appropriately licensed free or open source software or already developed components.
• Partitioning large systems into (successive layers of) subsystems and components each of which can be handled by a single engineer or team of engineers or subordinate architect.
• Interface with the Tech Leads, Senior Developers, DevOps and Cloud team members, so that any problems arising during design or implementation can be resolved in accordance with the fundamental design concepts, management and user needs and constraints.
• Ensuring that a maximally robust design is developed.
• Work with Cloud infra team on a variety of activities including; defining requirements; assessing server, storage and infrastructure sizing; analyzing hardware sizing to meet application requirements; and designing load balancing and clustering solutions according to architecture standards.
• Generating documentation for design, implementation and/or consumption of systems. Documentation such as sketches, models, an early user guide, technical specifications, technical requirements and prototypes to keep the managers, users and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the system to be provided as it is evolving.
• Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete. While adhering to Data and AI architecture guidelines.
• Provides technical guidance for system design, design implementation and integration engineering activities. Ensures conceptual integrity of system design.
• Participates in internal and external technical reviews, as required.
• Contributes to code base as needed on core modules or sensitive functional areas.
• Follows the architecture governance process and understands concepts around it.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- • Experience in Multi-Cloud Product development offerings• Previous SaaS, PaaS experience • Proven experience working as a product developer in a non-managerial role• Demonstrable knowledge in SEM and online advertising
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Preferred Education Master's Degree
State / Province MULTIPLE
City / Township / Village MULTIPLE CITIES
Being You @ Kyndryl
Kyndryl is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Kyndryl is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Other things to know
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Primary job category Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role ) Software Developer
Employment Type Full-Time
Contract type Regular
Position Type Professional
Travel Required No Travel
Company (Y030) Kyndryl Solutions Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position? No