Mentor, A Siemens Business Emulation Specialist - 6869 in Noida, India
Emulation Specialist - 6869
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Emulation Specialist - 6869
Job Location: India - Noida
Job Category: Customer Support
As an Emulation/Functional Verification Corporate Applications Engineer with Mentor Graphics’ Global Support & Services organization, you will contribute to our success by assisting in the support and deployment of Mentor Graphics emulation and verification products as well as by increasing customer satisfaction and productivity both on-site and remotely. You will work with customers as a world leader in electronic design automation solutions, providing services for the world's largest electronics and semiconductor companies. Responsibilities include the following:
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise.
• Work directly with customers as a part of the sales team during product evaluations to ensure technical milestones are met
• Promote technical customer service to build and improve customer relationships, ensuring long term customer satisfaction
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities and requirements
• Assist on site in HW acceleration for deployment of product
• Provide feedback and product ideas to our emulation product development teams
• Troubleshoot and remove technical obstacles
• Develop and deliver technical presentations on new features and product updates
• Communicate customers' technical requirements to product marketing
• Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level with our customers
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
• BSEE or BSCS or equivalent; MSEE preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in a design engineering role focusing on functional verification, including emulation, prototyping and event based simulation, or recent experience as an Applications Engineer in a relevant field.
• Chip/ASIC design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, RTL, behavioral coding and general ASIC debug.
• UNIX/Linux OS experience is required
• C programming, SystemC and C++ used in conjunction with chip design and verification highly desired.
• Must have previous experience with industry emulation solutions, as well as simulation environments using Questa,NCSim, VCS, Verisity Specman or VERA
• Experience with emulation of large scale CPU, GPU or Systems-on-Chip (MPSoC) designs is desirable
• Knowledge of Transaction Level Modeling and methodologies would be beneficial
• Previous experience with automation/scripting (Perl, python, sed, awk, tcl/tk, sh)
• Good communication skills and have the ability to provide training and demos to customers
• Willing to travel to drive business engagements as required (10-30%)
• Prior experience in a customer facing function such as application engineer is preferred
• Above average competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Scripting/Programming: VBScript, VB.net, Tcl, C#, or similar languages
• Working fluency with Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and program management skills are needed