EY USA - Tax - People Advisory Services - WFA (Tax Technical) - JD/LLM Intern - Summer 2022 in New York, New York
USA - Tax - People Advisory Services - WFA (Tax Technical) - JD/LLM Intern - Summer 2022
CA-Los Angeles, IL-Chicago, NY-New York, TX-Dallas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY offers a variety of career paths and opportunities, and with so many options, we understand it can be hard to choose. To have the best candidate experience, we encourage you to apply to no more than 2 positions within a 6
To learn more about career opportunities, visit Careers at EY ( www.ey.com/en_us/careers ). Prior to completing your application, please be diligent in reviewing the job description to ensure you meet the qualifications for the position.
If we are unable to consider you for this particular position, a recruiter may contact you to gauge your interest in other opportunities at EY.
PAS – Staff Experiences Program – Workforce Advisory – Tax Technical – Intern
What if your career could have a lasting impact on you, and on the world?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
The People Advisory Services (PAS) Staff Experiences Program offers candidates like you an opportunity for a completely tailored, independently driven and leadership-sponsored career path. By being involved in several experiences, you will broaden your knowledge and gain a better understanding of the people initiatives that impact HR, cost and tax, as well as the overall business strategy and function of our clients. Prioritizing your development in this way, along with providing access to extensive resources and tools will add momentum to your career at a highly accelerated pace.
Within Workforce Advisory-Tax Technical, you’ll work with global clients to understand and address some of their largest and most complex people-related challenges and ultimately improve and drive sustainable business results. As part of this, you’ll gain valuable experiences and a weather of knowledge by working across capabilities, service offerings, sectors and geographies. At EY we trust our employees to deliver exceptional work – allowing entry-level employees to prove they can perform well beyond their years.
You’re likely to assist your team in several tasks including designing executive compensation programs and assessing tax, or financial HR risks in connection with transaction (e.g., merger, acquisition, spin off, carve-out, etc.). Your role will include among other things, managing and monitoring data sites, reviewing relevant documentation, understanding a target company’s compensation and benefits programs, assessing HR risk associated with those arrangements, advising on strategy and design of compensation and benefit programs, and drafting reports. In addition, you’ll be joining a team that is the firm resource for tax technical and regulatory matters as it relates to compensation & benefits.
Your key responsibilities
· Developing relevant and flexible tax-compliant compensation, benefit and incentive approaches for clients, including:
o Advising clients on regulatory matters and the taxation of compensation and benefit programs, including U.S. and global programs
o Benchmarking and designing executive compensation arrangements
o Developing and reviewing proxy disclosures for executive compensation
o Consulting on the reporting and compliance requirements of the Affordable Care Act
· Supporting clients in complex transactions (mergers, acquisitions and divestitures), including:
o Conducting financial due diligence on HR, compensation and benefit programs
o Assessing operational readiness for a transaction
o Advising on the tax and financial implications of severance and executive compensation arrangements
o Developing strategies for HR, compensation and benefit programs
· Drafting technical memorandums and opinions addressing various Internal Revenue Code Sections, including, but not limited to, 83, 162(m), 280G, and 409A
· Providing support to EY’s Tax, Assurance and Consulting functions
What we look for
· You have an agile, growth-oriented mindset. What you know matters. But the right mindset is just as important in determining success. We’re looking for people who are innovative, can work in an agile way and keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
· You are curious and purpose driven . We’re looking for people who see opportunities instead of challenges, who ask better questions to seek better answers that build a better working world.
· You are inclusive. We’re looking for people who seek out and embrace diverse perspectives, who value differences, and team inclusively to build safety and trust.
§ Progress toward a JD ideally supported by an Accounting, Finance or Economics undergraduate degree, or a Tax LLM
§ Flexibility and willingness to travel
§ Proficiency in MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
§ Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
§ Strong quantitative acumen, including outstanding analytical ability
§ Strong follow-through skills and attention to detail
§ Effective project management skills, including effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
§ Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
§ A driver’s license valid in the U.S.
What’s in it for you
· Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
· Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
· Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
· Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
· If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
What you can expect
· Our approach to hiring utilizes several different formats throughout the course of the recruiting process.
· In addition to speaking with our recruiters and client-serving professionals, we also leverage game-based assessments to assess your non-technical skills and attributes in a quick and engaging experience. This includes your collaboration style and your abilities to work with information and the use of pre-recorded video interviews (PRVI).
PRVI technology provides a great opportunity for you to share more about your qualifications and interests, as well as to ask more specifics about EY and the role for which you are interviewing. It also provides you with the flexibility and convenience of completing at a time and place that works best for your schedule.
· Additional interviews may be in the form of a live interview, either via video or in-person.
What we offer
If you join EY full-time after your internship, we offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you'll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You'll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning : You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
Service Line/Business Area Tax