TEKsystems Product Designer | Feeds&Stories | Consumption in New York, New York
Description:As a Product Designer, you will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will be refining the experience for a foundational area of the Facebook product. You are expected to work relatively independently - work well with other members of the product team, come to good design decisions, reliably execute through the phases of a project without a great deal of oversight from a manager or design lead.
• Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
• Refine core use cases, optimize existing features and flows, and codify patterns across teams
• Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and cross-functional teams
• Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
• Partner with product managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of the product
• Experience in building and shipping applications or software
• Strong interaction design and product thinking skills
• 5+ years of application design experience
• 5+ years of interaction design experience
• 5+ years of strategic product thinking and vision experience
• Experience designing a design platform is a plus
• Experience working with product managers, researchers, engineers, and other product designers
Visual Design, Interaction Design, System Design Architecture, Product Design/development
Top Skills Details:
1.) Product Design experience specifically within a product driven company. Agency backgrounds or companies that are in a different vertical with a digital product won't be a fit. IE retail company with an app would not be a fit.
2.) 5 years of product design experience in an enterprise company. NOT 5 years total
3.) End to End product design with a focus on execution
4.) Experience working with engineers and cross functional partners.
5.) Consumer facing product work.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Experience working on social features. Facebook is a technology company and an app first so ideal candidates will come from a similar background. Think about your experience of News feed and what companies/backgrounds would be applicable. Similarly, think about your experience of stories and what backgrounds/companies are applicable to that.
Candidates will need to work on Pacific Time initially
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.