JPMorgan Chase Applications Support in New York, New York
Applications Support (Associate)
This role provides the opportunity to be part of a global team that spans multiple lines of business within the Corporate Investment Bank including Futures & Options, OTC Clearing - Credit Derivatives, Foreign Exchange and Interest Rates Derivatives.
As part of the Production Management group, the Global Clearing Production Management team's goal is to provide first class application and infrastructure support to the Cleared Derivatives business for all applications delivered by the Global Clearing Technology group. In addition, working with client service relationship teams you will be an integral part of delivering our technology capability to the external Cleared Derivatives client base.
As an Application Support Analyst working within a Production Management team you will be responsible for technical support of production applications and infrastructure. You will handle support requests, incidents, issues, tickets and business continuity activities, to ensure flawless and quality delivery of services to end users.
If you are interested in solving challenging problems, if you are excited about working with cutting edge technologies, please take a look at this opportunity.
Working as an Application Support Analyst your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Supporting Incident Management in the swift recovery of incidents affecting the applications
• Investigation and resolution of application processing queries raised by Business Operations
• Supporting project implementations into the production environment
• Accurately following processes associated with support tools e.g. Change and Problem management, service desk, project delivery framework
• Covering hours outside of North America core hours through rota'd support for on call, occasional bank holidays and ad-hoc requests for weekend project implementations
• Support and initiate internal team projects to improve the quality and efficiency of the service provided
• Execution of application and infrastructure disaster recovery plans.
• You can demonstrate a hands-on approach to resolution of production incidents and the understanding of the bigger picture around production processes
• You will have excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly broker solutions and resolve incidents and perform appropriate root cause analysis
• SQL, Database - Sybase / Oracle, Unix - Solaris / Linux - RedHat, Experience of automation through scripting, job scheduling tools (Autosys, Control-M etc)
• Awareness / experience working as part of or setting up a DevOps model and a modern SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle).
• Monitoring / Alerting and Batch / Job scheduling experience
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver on time
• Ability to fully document solutions
• Proactive, adaptive, independent and self-managing with proven capability to lead a project initiative
• Effectively adapt to necessary changes in work requirements, roles and responsibilities
• Ability to understand, adhere to and suggest improvements to internal IT control policy and industry best-practice
• You will be supporting Global systems working closely with team members in various locations, so excellent communication skills are being sought in candidates
• Capacity Management experience
• Geneos and Control M knowledge
• Appreciation of Controls and Compliance processes for application support
• Informatica experience
• Project Management
• Experience supporting applications running on windows Servers
• MQ/UM experience
• Python, Alteryx, Tableau, VBA
• Unix scriptingJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans