Actalent Embedded Software Engineer in New Westminster, British Columbia
Embedded Software Engineer
Actalent, an engineering services and consulting organization, with offices in the United States, Canada, and India, has an opening for an Embedded Software Engineer. This is a fulltime position supporting new product development for multiple clients in the transportation and industrial products verticals. The project will involve Embedded Software Design and Development. This role will report directly into our Software Group Manager.
We are looking for a Full Time Embedded Software Engineer to join our internal engineering team. This role will entail completing billable and non-billable projects for our customers (internal and external) in conjunction with our Business Development and Delivery teams. This is an opportunity to start a career with a growing organization that will enable you to work on varying projects and product lines, learn new tools and technology, and add to your professional skills.
• Design and develop C based embedded software through the full SDLC
• Implement applications that run on a RTOS or Linux OS
• Design software architecture including timing, structure, interfaces, and diagnostics.
• Analyze system requirements and document software requirements
• Write software design specifications, software interface specifications, and software verification and validation documents.
• Follow the EASI Quality Management System processes
• Participate in peer source code and design reviews
• Other duties as assigned by management
Programming, c++ programming, C++, Firmware, Embedded c, Embedded software, Linux, Microcontroller, Arm, Python
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science and at least 3 years of experience in the Embedded Software Engineering field
• Experience with the full SDLC using the C programming language
• Experience writing software for microcontroller-based peripherals such as SPI, UART, I2C, Timers and ADC
• Experience designing software for power switching control (AD to DC or DC to AC)
• Ability to create supporting documentation such as design documents, architecture diagrams, test procedures and reports.
• Experience with common debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, network analyzer, emulators
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to professionally support periodic communication to management and technical teams is required.
Nice to have Qualifications
• Experience with the Linux operating system
• Knowledge of the C++ programming language and OOP architecture
• Knowledge of network communication protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, UDP)
• Experience with Agile Scrum development methodologies and common workflow tools: GIT, Jira, etc+
À propos d'Actalent:
Actalent relie la passion à la mission. Nos solutions de candidats talentueux et la performance de nos services produisent la valeur et les résultats, tout en apportant la compétence qui permet à nos clients de réaliser plus. Nos experts situés dans le monde entier inspirent au quotidien. Nous soutenons les initiatives essentielles en ingénierie et en sciences, par les expériences qui favorisent un développement continu. La différence, c’est nos gens. Actalent est une société d’exploitation d’Allegis Group, leader mondial des solutions de candidats talentueux.
L’entreprise souscrit au principe d’égalité d’accès à l’emploi et prendra en compte toutes les candidatures sans distinction de race, sexe, âge, couleur, religion, nationalité, statut de vétéran, handicap, orientation sexuelle, identité sexuelle, information génétique ou toute autre distinction protégée par la loi.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.