Glenmount Global Solutions Engineer in Napa, California
This position is responsible for technical leadership and/or development of solutions for the world class customers served by GGS. Responsibilities include development, implementation, testing and startup of technical solutions created by yourself or others, and frequent communication to management and customers of work status updates.
You will be working closely with project managers and senior engineers to leverage their technical experience and expertise in controls, instrumentation, networking and software development to deliver high-quality and high-value solutions.
This position may be located in Napa, CA or in the Temecula, CA area.
- Design and implementation of integrated electrical and control systems
- Work cooperatively with engineering, design, production and field service staff
- Responsible for aspects of project budget and schedule requirements
- Develop overall system architecture for industrial control projects
- Design communication networks (LAN, WAN) utilizing wired and wireless technologies to support data acquisition and control activities inherent in industrial control systems
- Specify and configure various hardware components such as AC/DC drives, instrumentation, switchgear and industrial control panels
- Perform functional testing of electrical and control systems
- Design and configure PLC/SCADA networks
- Generate test procedures and forms
- Coordinate start-up activities and travel to customer sites for start-up of developed solutions
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Engineering degree or equivalent educational background
- Minimum of 3 years in industry
- Working knowledge of Electrical Circuits, AC/DC motors and drives, PLCs, and HMIs.
- Ability to develop PLC,HMI, and SCADA solutions; Programming of various manufacturer’s PLCs such as Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE, and Siemens; Configuration of various SCADA software such as WonderWare System Platform and InTouch, GE Proficy iFix, ClearSCADA, and Rockwell FactoryTalk and RSView
- Solve software and data communication problems
- Participate in field start-up testing of electrical and programmed control systems, including loop checks, drive setup, installation inspection, operational readiness testing, and functional acceptance testing
Experience in industrial controls for power generation, power distribution, central plant control, water / wastewater, metals and mining or similar
Professional Engineer a plus
Glenmount Global Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Glenmount Global Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.
Location: Napa, CA
Job Code: 1200
# of Openings: 1