Vitality Senior Living Engagement Coordinator in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
JOB TITLE: Engagement Coordinator DEPARTMENT: Engagement CATEGORY: Hourly/Nonexempt REPORTS TO: Engagement Director
At Vitality, our mission is to create vibrant communities where residents, families and team members can be themselves, live purposefully and experience a profound sense of belonging. We are looking for an experienced, vibrant leader with a proven track record for success who can make our mission come to life. Keeping focused on our care values, we strive each day to ensure that our residents remain connected and purposeful.
To be part of an energetic team, devoted to delivering a unique and enjoyable customer service experience for our residents and visitors .
- Participate in the Planning, implementation, and promotion of activities to enhance quality of life for all residents.
- Facilitate community involvement through volunteerism.
- Safely transport residents in community bus or another vehicle according to schedule.
- Facilitate engagement programs that promote a vibrant lifestyle; model appropriate and successful engagement of residents.
- Participate in the development of monthly engagement calendars and daily engagement schedules with Memory Care Director or Engagement Director.
- Create engagement for residents based on their preferences, experiences, and lifelong interests as reported in the resident life journal.
- Effectively leverage technology to enhance engagement for residents; use technology as a tool for team members to effectively engage residents.
- Participate in planning special events, parties, and larger events for the entire community, in conjunction with other team members.
- Communicate to appropriate team members any observations of any resident changes or concerns.
Effectively collaborate with team members to improve resident and family experience. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or GED, Culinary Certificate or Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience working with individuals who have Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia.
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease, related dementia-causing diseases, and disease progression.
- Ability to facilitate dignified, purposeful, and individualized programming to meet the needs of residents, family, and team members.
- Effectively communicate with and engage individuals with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia in a manner that promotes their success and quality of life.
- Computer skills.
Desire to work with older adults and their families. WHAT WE OFFER:
A working environment where your voice will be heard, and your experience will be respected and appreciated
- Innovated and vibrant working environment committed to creating unique experiences for our residents, team members and families
- Effective and collaborative training and onboarding program
- Engaged company support team
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Benefits to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, employer paid life insurance
- Potential to advance with a dynamic growing organization