Hilton Guest Services Manager/Night Manager in Mississauga Toronto, Ontario
Our Overnight Guest Service Manager supports the Front Office Manager to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver our Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out.
What will I be doing?
As our Overnight Guest Service Manager, you will contribute to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Seek Guest feedback and make operational improvements
- Ensure regular and important Guests are recognized and that Guest Service Agents operate with a sales attitude to promote the hotel brand's loyalty scheme
- Maximize room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Achieve departmental targets and objectives, and assist with work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand policies and practices
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist in the recruiting, managing, training and developing the Frnt Office Team
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Assist with other departments, as necessary
What are we looking for?
Overnight Guest Service Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous supervisory experience in Guest Services within the hotel/leisure/retail
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We make every effort to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For assistance or accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact us at AODA_HILTONS_IN_CANADA@Hilton.com, or call 1-844-217-AODA Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm EST.
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Guest Services Manager/Night Manager
Requisition ID: HOT07T06