Express Scripts Junior Java Developer in Mississauga, Ontario
As a Junior Java Developer you will work closely with the business to define how best to address business challenges faced by our customers and our internal operations. As the Junior Java Developer you will clarify functional requirements and non-functional requirements and develop effective designs and implementation approaches for the delivery of business applications. The successful candidate will assure the quality of deliverables ensuring that developed products are fit for use, supportable and maintainable.
- Work with IS and Business to evaluate user requests, clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs. Assist in determining feasibility, time requirements, compatibility with current system and system capabilities.
- Work with project team to formulate detailed program specifications using analysis and design methodology. Assists with definition and implementation of applications in a multi-platform distributed environment.
- Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections. May develop user manuals and operating procedures. Provide research and follow-up on production problems. May train users and provide technical assistance to resolve application and operating issues.
- Monitor ongoing performance of systems and develop updates or modifications according to business needs. Work with end users to provide production operation support including system setup and processing and data extraction.
- Provide off-hour support with on call rotation.
- Provide assistance to team with issues needing technical expertise. Provide on-the-job training for new or existing team members. Mentor team members to improve their understanding and skills. Ensure familiarity with resource materials.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot programming problems.
- Knowledge of MS Office tools including MS Excel
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Strong customer focus, adaptable, flexible and willing to learn
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with software development teams
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Communicate technical information in a concise, understandable and accurate fashion to non-technical personnel
- Ability to prioritize work load and meet multiple project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make decisions with assistance from senior staff
- Strong oral and written facilitation and communication skills, including the ability to follow standards and methodology
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines Technical skills
- Operating Systems: Linux, HP-UX or Unix variant, MS Windows
- Knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices
- Familiarity with standard design patterns
Nice to have:
- Programming: PL/SQL,SQL, shell script, JPA, JAVA Web Services (RESTFUL) Spring, Framework, CSS
- Strong process orientation
- Experience/Knowledge of standards, structures and compliance to application standards and methodology
- Experience in multi-platform distributed environment in both client-server and web-based architectures
- Experience in Software Development through Agile frameworks such as SCRUM
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Applications Delivery ensures that Express Scripts Canada load balancing techniques are robust and can handle the increasingly complex mix of application traffic being delivered over a wider variety of network connectivity options. Specifically, this team provides for application availability, security, visibility and acceleration.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS CANADA
Express Scripts Canada, a registered business name of ESI Canada, an Ontario partnership indirectly controlled by Express Scripts, Inc. (Nasdaq: ESRX), is one of Canada’s leading providers of health benefits management services. From its corporate headquarters in Mississauga, Ontario, just outside Toronto, Express Scripts Canada provides a full range of integrated pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services to insurers, third-party administrators, plan sponsors and the public sector, including health-claims adjudication and processing services, Home Delivery Pharmacy Services, benefit-design consultation, drug-utilization review, formulary management, and medical and drug-data analysis services, to better facilitate the best possible health outcomes at the lowest possible cost.
It will be a condition of employment that the successful candidate receives the Enhanced Reliability Clearance from the Federal Government. The candidate will be required to provide supporting documentation in order to receive Clearance if required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with a positive work environment built on solid corporate values, integrity, mutual respect, collaboration, passion, service and alignment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be.
We are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free and we are prepared to provide accommodation for people with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in this position however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone calls please.
For more information about Express Scripts Canada, visit its Web site at www.express-scripts.ca .