TEKsystems Help Desk Specialist in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Top 3 Skills
• 1 year of remote support experience (and phone call troubleshooting regularly) and/or 1 year of IMAC experience
• Windows 10 Support experience
• HW/Printer break/fix experience in a non-standard Windows environment (they can deal with a lot of setup support and very odd one off situations as there isn't a standard list that Advisors have to deal with).
• Client is looking for someone with excellent customer phone skills and deskside support experience. This team is a depot that builds assets, deploys and provides support over the phone. Window 10 environment with Office 2010 and Mozy backup experience preferred.
• This individual will be working on the Ameriprise Evergreen project or IMAC related projects. The Evergreen project supports advisors in the field with any computer related issues they have.
• The right fit will need excellent customer service skills – they will be working with advisors who demand a high level of service.
• Current/former Geek Squad tech.’s work well.
Notes on Evergreen project:
• Evergreen is a project that supports Advisors in the field. It is one of 3 options for Advisors (other 2 are buy HW at retail store and something called Easy Office which is supported by our enterprise directly where the Advisor gets HW but has very little follow up support).
• Evergreen is a 3 year plan that covers providing a LT or DT, on line backup/encryption (Mozy is the tool) and any post support (set HW up to printer, get e-mail running, pull data from old HW, etc.).
• Within Evergreen there are 3 teams:
Initial Group – this team contacts the Advisor, does initial installs and does the preliminary backup/set up.
Build Group – this team gets the HW imaged, shipped and set up.
Set Up Group – this team helps set the Advisor up with e-mail, printers, etc.
• Currently the Evergreen team supports 2,000 Advisors (roughly 20-30% of all Advisors in the field).
• Skills needed include strong phone support, customer service, flexibility, W7, Windows OS knowledge (map NW drive), basic break/fix and HW experience. Most important skills are customer service, pride in work and great communication skills.
NOTES FROM THE MANAGER:
• Window 10 experience required.
• Remote support experience required.
• Exceptional communications skills required
• Various roles would include, answering phone and resolving client issues. Performing Initial installs over the phone, Performing installs over the phone, updating various tools and databases, Imaging, cloud backup support.
• Minimum of 3 years is a deskside site support environment.
• The ability to follow processes and complete all administrative task accurately.
• I need someone hat shows up on time every day and does not call out sick every other week.
Phone, Support, Windows, 10, Deskside, MS, Office, Outlook, Break, Fix
Top Skills Details:
• 1 year of remote support experience (and phone call troubleshooting regularly) and/or
1 year of iMAC experience.
• Windows 7/10 Support experience.
• HW/Printer break/fix experience in a non-standard Windows environment (they can
deal with a lot of setup support and very odd one off situations as there isn't a standards
list that these advisers have to deal with).
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.