Consolidated Electrical Distributors Warehouse Associate in Michigan City, Indiana
Job title: Warehouse Associate
Job ID: 202146100001
Department: Michigan City - APE
Location: IN-Michigan City
Looking for an associate to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment where every day is different. Will work in warehouse, move merchandise, receive & unload trucks, load trucks, cleanup work area, wrap & ship by UPS & LTL daily.
Hard working, team oriented and self-starting are a must.
Reports to: PC Manager
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Good mechanical skills.
· Willingness to learn how to cut wire and perform industry specific tasks in our warehouse is key.
· Ability to squat, kneel, bend, and twist
· Ability to work on concrete floor for entire shift
· Ability to climb ladders to pull material
· Basic math skills
· Ability to operate a forklift
Warehouse environment and outdoor conditions including sometimes extreme hot/cold temperatures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Essential Job Functions:
· Take walk-in customer orders in person or over the phone
· Build familiarity with new and returning customers
· Pick up material from vendors
· Receive incoming freight
· Keep a clean and organized warehouse
· Stock material on shelves
· Picking orders
· Processing returns from customers and to vendors
· Operate a Microsoft-based computer system
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability | Veteran
The compensation range for this position is $15 to $17 hourly.
The following additional compensation may be applicable for this position:
Benefits available for this position are:
Insurance - Medical, Dental, Vision Care for full-time positions
Paid Sick Leave