St. Mary's Good Samaritan Energy Technician in Mexico, Missouri
The Energy Technician, under the general direction of the Maintenance/Energy Supervisor, is responsible for those duties which contribute to the overall operation, maintenance, and repair of all support systems and equipment with emphasis on electrical distribution and supply systems/components throughout the Health Center complex and other entities.
The ideal candidate must be able to use all types of tools and equipment in the maintenance area. Must be knowledgeable in boilers, compressors, generators, etc. as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. Must be able to communicate well with other employees and show courtesy to all patients, visitors and employees. Must be able to adjust to variety of changing duties and to function effectively in stressful situations.
- Operates emergency generator, as well as test and records results.
- Monitors levels of central medical gas systems such as compressed air, oxygen, nitrous oxide, etc. and replaces as necessary.
- Communicates and makes recommendations to department supervisor regarding potential problems associated with equipment operation.
- Fires boilers, operates auxiliary equipment, and controls the generation of continuous steam supply for heating, sterilization, humidification, and hot water.
- Performs service and preventative maintenance work on HVAC/plumbing and electrical systems. Makes necessary repairs or makes arrangements for same.
- Performs general maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, unclogging sinks/toilets, etc., as necessary.
- Makes periodic rounds throughout the Health Center complex to ensure proper operation of HVAC, plumbing, electrical and medical gas systems according to the boiler room schedule and rounds procedure.
- Keeps boiler room clean and orderly.
- Maintain established Health Center and department policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, environmental and infection control; complies with codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Prioritizes situations to determine urgency and calmly follows proper channels to take action.
- Provides a thorough follow-up for parties as soon as possible.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Three years progressive hospital experience or three years experience as an operating engineer. Graduation from a trade or technical college in a related may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
Graduation from a trade or technical college in a related field is desirable and may be substituted for up to two years of experience.
Universal CFC certification or stationary engineers license desirable. Class E driver's license preferred.
Organization: SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
Primary Location: Missouri-Mexico-SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – Audrain (0025) 620 E. Monroe St. Mexico, 65265
Job: Facility Operations
Req ID: 18002121