JEA Senior Living Housekeeper - Part-Time 1st Shift in Mason, Ohio
Central Parke is an Established Dementia care facility where we pride ourselves in our philosophy of Care. Our interaction with our residents are specifically created to promote dignity and respect. We strive to incorporate a familiarity and balance into each resident’s experience, ensuring a deserved contentment and cherished sense of belonging.
To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general public.
- Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly and understand their needs
- Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
- Must meet all state health requirements
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential Functions:
Follow cleaning schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including resident rooms, offices and public areas.
- Sweep and vacuum all assigned areas
- Clean and/or polish all room furnishings, fixtures, ledges, heating/air conditioning units in resident rooms and all public areas.
- Clean windows and mirrors in resident rooms and all public areas.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
- Clean all hallways, stairways and elevators as necessary.
- Empty all wastebaskets.
- Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
- Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
- Clean and check model rooms and work in concert with admissions to insure that all incoming residents’ rooms are cleaned and ready for move-in.
- Clean the employee break room when necessary.
- Check and refill all paper towel and soap dispensers as necessary.
- Assist with laundry duties as directed or as needed including, but not limited to linens, towels, and resident personal laundry.
- Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by supervisor.
- Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as required.
- Log water or heat temperatures as required or requested.
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
- Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Keep janitor closets and housekeeping supply rooms clean and orderly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.
- Clean exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as requested or assigned.