Lockheed Martin QA Engineer - Lufkin, TX in Lufkin, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) Lufkin, TX is seeking a motivated and driven Quality Engineer to support Development Programs in the facility. As a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries, LMMFC offers the vital capabilities needed to provide our war fighting and civilian customers the products and services they need in their defining moments. Quality Engineers at LMMFC act as an integrated member of the design and production teams developing and reviewing quality standards, methods, work instructions and procedures for the inspection of manufactured and procured products. To ensure our customer gets the highest level of Quality, our Quality Engineers review/approve documentation related to internal and external manufacturing processes to ensure requirements are fulfilled. In a culture of continuous improvement our department utilizes lean initiatives to reduce waste and drive affordability and efficiency. As a vital member of the team, a Quality Engineer at Missiles and Fire Control evaluates the designs, both electrical and mechanical, to ensure a producible product is being proposed with processes in place for a smooth production flow including robust inspection criteria.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Lufkin, Texas is a great place to live offering lots of things to do with a small town charm. The cost of living is quite reasonable in this region so you can definitely live large in Lufkin! Lufkin is at the crossroads of East Texas at the intersections of Highways US 59, future Interstate 69, which leads to Houston and the Rio Grande Valley to the south and Nacogdoches and Texarkana and points to the North and US 69 which leads from the Golden Triangle of Southeast Texas, Port Arthur and Beaumont to the Southeast to points such as Jacksonville, Tyler, Dallas, and Oklahoma to the north.
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Effective Communication Skills: Written, Oral, Listening, Technical Writing.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a related Engineering discipline from an accredited college.
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications in order to translate into fabrication work instructions and for development of inspection methods and equipment.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance so all candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Experience with verification and validation of test equipment and/or systems.
- Experience with Quality Standards (ISO 9000 / AS9100).
- Experience with disposition of non-conforming products and defining root cause/corrective action.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.