SMG Bookkeeper in Los Angeles, California
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Director
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time /Hourly-Non Exempt PT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Bookkeeper with Premier Catering for SMG/The Greek Theatre. Our company is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Coordinate bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Develop monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Other duties may be assigned.
No supervisory Responsibilities for the position
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Two years' related experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll systems desirable
- Sage knowledge a plus
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000339404906
Recruiter- Edva Rivas
The Greek Theatre
2700 N Vermont Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 323.391.6001
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled