Aston Carter Plant Controller in Los Alamitos, California
A $4.1 billion manufacturing company is seeking for an experienced plant controller, the position is opened due to the current controller is retiring in a few months.
This role is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial information for Bearing Inspection Inc. (Bii) - Los Alamitos and Philadelphia Gear (PG) Western Gear Region - Santa Fe Springs locations. As a critical member of the plant’s management team, the Plant Controller is responsible for driving the financial performance of each plant and ensuring that economic rigor is applied to the decision-making process. This includes efforts to reduce invested capital, improve cash flow, and drive continuous improvement in cost and productivity.
• Serve as a partner to the Bii Business Manager & PG Western Region GM and their respective teams to drive business performance to meet company objectives.
• Lead, direct, and coach the Bii and Santa Fe Springs finance teams in all functional activities, including general accounting, job cost accounting, inventory validation, accounts payable, customer collections & credit, and payroll.
• Create annual operating & capital budgets, plans and forecasts consistent with strategic objectives and company’s standards and protocols. This includes providing oversight and input over the development of the sales budgets. Also includes inputting and updating budget & forecast data into OneStream as needed.
• Define annual financial plans and forecasts in alignment with the corporate finance processes and direction and consistent with the strategic business objectives.
• Lead the finance team to produce accurate and timely recording and reporting of financial statements and business results and recommendations and implementation of corrective action as appropriate.
• Lead the efforts to create accurate, timely and effective processes and systems to record accounting transactions for the business (P&L, Working Capital, Balance Sheet, Capex and Cash Flow) including supporting functions of Plant Accounting, A/R and A/P.
• Lead the effort to create accurate and effective processes to provide financial analysis to understand cost and margin performance to support varying business needs and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
• Coordinate all audit, internal controls and SOX compliance activities with corporate and local governments when applicable.
• Adherence to US GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley to support external public company financial reporting requirements.
• Drive a performance and talent management culture within finance and accounting departments to meet objectives and establish a continuous improvement culture.
• Coordinate and oversee timely and accurate month-end close process of the finance teams including the uploading of month-end financial data into OneStream.
• Review and approve account reconciliations monthly in Blackline.
• Prepare slides for budget & monthly business performance meetings.
• Develop annual burden rates for both businesses.
• Provide oversight & support for annual physical inventory counts. Investigate and recommend process improvements as a result of any large book to count adjustments.
• Collaborate on significant customer and vendor contract negotiations as needed.
• Prepare capital spending justifications
Month end, budgeting, inventory, forecasting, balance sheet, Cost accounting, General ledger, Financial reporting
Top Skills Details:
Month end, budgeting, inventory, forecasting
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Business - Accounting/Finance and 8+ years experience
• Master of MBA-Accounting/Finance preferred
• 5+ years of Plant Controller experience
• CPA/CMA Preferred
• Full scale accounting knowledge (financial reporting, internal controls, budgeting, processes)
• Large ERP & Forecasting Systems experience preferably Epicor and OneStream
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• Adaptability and willingness to wear multiple hats
Manufacturing experience required with multi-site experience preferred
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.