SMG Bartender in Long Beach, California
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for Bartenders at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center.
This position is responsible for providing high quality customer service during all events, to achieve customer satisfaction and accurate accounting of all transactions, including inventory.
- Sets up and services individual beverage locations.
- Properly handle cash.
- Enforce all liquor laws.
- Verify and account for all liquor inventory.
- Maintain proper sanitation of work area.
- Follow proper safety practices in the work area.
- Provide pleasant and efficient service to customers.
- Reports to F&B Personnel in appropriate uniform, for assigned location.
- Prepares all beverage items for sale in the station.
- Sells to customers, charging amount indicated on SMG price list.
- Receives and handles cash and/or tickets.
- Accurately verifies all cash and liquor inventory with supervisor.
- Verifies cash register is programmed properly, according to SMG approved sales prices.
- Follows bar procedures described on the following page.
- Follows all rules and regulations which apply to the beverage operations and to SMG Food and Beverage Division.
- Requests identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Perfoms other related duties as assigned by Food Service Manager.
- Must be atleast 21 years of age.
- Must have the ability to take directions and effectively perform the work.
- Must have sufficient math ability to accurately count and handle money.
- Must have basic working knowlege of cash register and cash handling procedures.
- Must speak and understand Well enough to converse with customers, supervisors, and employees.
- Must have a pleasent personality and a neat appearance.
- Must be able to stand walk for the duration of shift.
- Must be able to carry and lift, according to industry standards.
- Must be TIPS Certified.
SMG is an equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilites, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled