Lockheed Martin Software Engineering Associate Manager in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: Do you have a commitment to success, proven interpersonal skills, a positive outlook? Are you a creative thinker and problem solver? Are you looking for a meaningful career?
If so, then we would love to speak with you! The Engineering & Technology organization is a highly dynamic and growing organization that plays a vital role in providing mission-critical intelligence solutions by optimizing satellite constellations, processing data through its entire life cycle and developing reliable cutting-edge infrastructure for information dissemination across a global network and to a variety of programs.
You'll have an opportunity to work on world-class programs such as Orion, SBIRS, GPS-III, Commercial Vehicles, Deep Space Exploration, Classified Special Programs.
This position is for a Flight Software Associate Manager in the Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) Flight Software (FSW) Factory . The OPIR FSW Factory is responsible for developing, maintaining, and testing on-board Flight Software for the US Space Force’s most critical missions. This includes maintenance activities for Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) satellites and development for Next Generation Geostationary (NGG) satellite systems. Development, testing, and verification of this software occurs in a dynamic, agile environment. The Factory is divided into multiple Agile Scrum teams handling different portions of the flight software development.
Responsibilities include: Drive execution, strategy and vision - Manage the development efforts to support multiple program insertions - Advocate continuous process improvement - Utilize collected metrics as objective evidence of project status and forecasted progress as well as for process improvement - Plan and manage project schedules - Provide regular status briefings to program management. Identify technical, cost, and schedule risks.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
Basic Qualifications :
• Proven experience in full life cycle Software Development
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven technical leadership skills with ability to lead a multidisciplinary team
• Experience developing detailed plans in support of technical assignments
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Strong organization skills – ability to prioritize and delegate critical tasks
• Experience in building teams and collaboration
• Prior Spacecraft Flight Software development experience
• Experience within in an agile development environment
• Experience delivering engineering products and documents to internal or external customers
• Prior engineering management experience including task planning, resource management, and employee development and mentoring
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical systems/programs
• Experience working in technical teams across multiple locations
Integration and test experience with large complex software systems
• Continuous integration experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.