The LEGO Group Senior Data Scientist in London, United Kingdom
Senior Data Scientist
- United Kingdom, London, Greater London
Job ID GB4750
- Information Technology
Can you drive measurable business value through the applied use of data science?
Are you passionate about helping The LEGO Group make decisions with data? Can you apply data science across a variety of areas to better understand our customers and help develop the builders of tomorrow? If so, apply now and join our awesome Data Science Team!
Using scientific methods to solve business problems
We need data science capabilities to discover deeper insights, make predictions, and generate recommendations in a quickly expanding Big Data reality. Using data to drive business decisions and understand customer behaviour is a key strategic focus for LEGO. Data Science is all about using scientific methods to tackle business problems. This will help transform the clock-speed of the organization by enabling insights in near real-time, so that the lead-time to action is as short as possible. This team works with a wide range of business partners, with this role having particular focus on Marketing and the Senior Data Scientists are encouraged to develop solutions to both other functions in the business as well as data scientists community to improve the analytics that are embedding in LEGO’s bespoke Analytics Products. This role needs a senior experience with a wide range of mathematical modelling and approaches, and masters different quantitative and qualitative research methods, with practical applications into business.
Your tasks will include:
• Data exploration: Be able to construct useful and measurable metrics, organize data incl. wrangling, and ensure quality and accuracy of input data into models.
• Mathematical modelling: Apply models that explain robustly relationships in data, both historical and forward looking. Have the ability to identify pros and cons of different alternatives, and make decisions based on business question.
• Maintenance: Supervise and challenge design and implementation of error handling and testing of analytics code.
• End-to-end ownership of projects: Responsible for taking a loosely formed brief and delivering value to internal partners.
Do you have what it takes?
• BSc or MSc degree with emphasis on one or more of the following: data science, economics, econometrics, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative subject area (advantage: PhD studies)
• Track record in application of a wide range of mathematical models that can be applied for both diagnosing past and predicting future for a combination of metrics
• Experience in completing data science projects from end to end
• Experience with the Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Python, RStudio, Shiny
• Expertise in many data science areas, including practical implementation of Machine Learning models, with specific applications in Marketing Analytics
• Proven experience in Promotional Effectiveness Modelling is a strong plus
• Advantage: experience with working in agile environments (e.g. SCRUM teams)
• Stakeholder management skills
• Able to translate technical content to business audiences in a way that delivers the most value
• Fluent in English both written and spoken
Bringing it to Life
This is your chance to apply data science in a real business context to add value to one of the world’s best-loved brands. Are you up for the challenge? Bring your data science capabilities, ability to learn and readiness to collaborate with your peers in a multinational team!
Join the global LEGO® family!
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer. Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights!
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group!