UBS Financial Services Business Risk Manager in London, Switzerland
Business Risk Manager
Switzerland - Zürich, United Kingdom
Job Reference #:
Are you a risk management expert who is passionate about finding practical solutions that deliver business value and mitigate risk within a large organization?
Are you able to collaborate with senior stakeholder to gather and incorporate feedback?
Are you looking for the opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team?
We’re looking for a Business Risk Specialist to:
• Facilitate and execute operational risk management of the Data Management office function
• Assist management with revising and challenging operational risk issues, facilitating resolution and ensuring high quality of the closure documentation and supporting evidence
• Liaising with business management, internal and external audit, Compliance & Operational Risk Control and supervisory peers in- and outside of DMO in order to ensure appropriate risk management and sustainable risk mitigation
• Supporting function during internal and external audits on risk matters, including inspecting and questioning results
• Leverage partnerships with divisional stakeholders across the firm to optimize data control framework
You will be working in Group Operations within the Data Management Office (DMO). This role sits within the Data Governance and Operating Model team, which operates out of Zurich, Weehawken, London and Pune. The Data Governance and Operating model team is responsible for the design and implementation of the policy, metrics, data roles and operational risk management.
• Bachelor's degree or international equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position in a financial institution and/or as consultant.
• Experience in internal control function, operational risk management, Compliance or Internal Audit
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience leading projects, from design through implementation, especially Regulatory programs
• Top-tier communication skills in English, with the ability to effectively communicate to outside regulators and auditors verbally and in writing
• Strong and in-depth understanding of organizational operations and risk management
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees at all levels of the organization and with senior business executives
• Highly driven and motivated with a can–do attitude and with a desire to drive change in the organization
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.