State of Nebraska IT Quality Assurance Intern in Lincoln, Nebraska
IT Quality Assurance Intern
TEMP PART TIME
Department of Transportation
The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) has an exciting opportunity for an Information Technology student to join our team and learn our Business Technology Support Division (BTSD) software development standards, processes, tools, and techniques.
At the Nebraska Department of Transportation, we are responsible for the planning, development, design, construction, maintenance, and administration of the state highway system. Our goals include preserving the billions of dollars Nebraskans have invested in their state highway system, making the highways safe and efficient, and accomplishing this in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Come embrace our culture of innovation, growth, continuous improvement, and learning!
Please reach out to Katherine Ortiz, Talent Acquisition Partner, at 402-432-1266, if you have questions or to learn more.
Apply today using our new quick apply process! Just attach your resume when prompted. Please note that if you parse your resume at the beginning of the application process, you’ll still need to also attach your resume at the end of the process.
Location: Lincoln, NE, 1500 Highway 2
Schedule: 10-16 hours/wk
Examples of Work
As our IT Quality Assurance Intern, you will:
• Learn the Business Technology Support Division (BTSD) software development standards, processes, tools, and techniques.
• Embrace our culture of innovation, growth, continuous improvement, and learning.
• Work with your team and manager to identify a focus for learning, including new testing tools and techniques. Research industry best practices.
• Work closely with BTSD project managers, developers, project team leads, team members, stakeholders, and division staff to write test plans, test scripts, and schedules to test and support project releases.
• Assist the Quality Assurance (QA) team with performance, security, and ad-hoc testing of various systems, monitor resolution efforts, and track failures and successes. Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing.
• Review and analyze system specifications.
• Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
• Facilitate problem-solving and troubleshooting of quality issues.
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Champion effective quality assurance best practices.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Must be a three-fourths student in good standing majoring in a discipline or field related to the work to be assigned.
OTHER: Applicants must be at least a three-fourths-time student and be able to work at least 10 hours a week when classes are in session. Temporary full-time employment may be available during scheduled school breaks. Employment up to 2080 hours or four years, whichever comes first. If employed for 2080 hours, a student must take a 30-day break before returning to work. Regular and reliable attendance is also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
NDOT encourages applicants of all ages and experience.