Argonne National Laboratory Procurement Specialist in Lemont, Illinois
Requisition Number: 409437 Location: Lemont, IL
Functional Area: General Business Management Division: FMP-Financial Management and Procurement Services
Employment Category: Regular Shift: 8:30 - 5:00
Level (Grade): PA1 Share: Facebook LinkedIn Twitter
The Procurement team at Argonne National Laboratory seeks applications from talented and highly-motivated individuals to join a team of specialists focused on providing procurement support and exceptional service to the scientists, engineers, and organizations across the Laboratory.
The Procurement Specialist facilitates through the procurement process the timely and economical acquisition of standard and complex products and services required by the scientific and operations organizations of Argonne National Laboratory within legal constraints of the regulatory procedures and statutes.
A successful candidate would be expected to have experience delivering exceptional customer service as well as have attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable procurement regulations and established procurement policies and procedures.
- Some knowledge of negotiating orders, evaluating and selecting vendors, determining appropriate costs and price, and processing closeouts on all types of purchase orders and/or subcontracts.
- Knowledge of complete price and cost analysis.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of products and services being procured.
- Knowledge of planning, scheduling, and program control as well as authoring, administering, terminating, and closing out awards.
- Some experience in either commercial and/or government subcontracting.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely convey information through verbal communication.
- Demonstrated competency in creating clear and concise written documentation that fully summarizes all aspects of a procurement transaction.
- Ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
This position description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties and responsibilities required of job incumbent. Consequently, job incumbent may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and in accordance with our core values of impact, safety, respect, integrity and teamwork, Argonne National Laboratory is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, Argonne encourages minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Argonne considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Argonne employees, and certain guest researchers and contractors, are subject to particular restrictions related to participation in Foreign Government Sponsored or Affiliated Activities, as defined and detailed in United States Department of Energy Order 486.1A. You will be asked to disclose any such participation in the application phase for review by Argonne's Legal Department.