Centene Corporation Inside Sales Agent in Lansing, Michigan
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members. Centene is transforming the health of our communities, one person at a time. As a diversified, national organization, you’ll have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.
Position Purpose: The Inside Sales Representative, Medicare Programs, is responsible for taking inbound telephone inquiries and web inquiries from prospective members and placing outbound calls to prospective members in response to leads received. Inside Sales Representatives conduct sales presentations over the telephone that may result in telephonic enrollments, in-home appointments, seminar reservations, or a kit request with follow up call.
• Answers inbound prospective member calls and places outbound follow-up calls to prospective members.
• Handles web inquiries and responds through outbound calls or email.
• Handles inbound Medicare calls and presents plan options to callers to encourage prospective members to join a plan. May complete the sale telephonically.
• Follows up on leads by conducting outbound calls designed to encourage prospective members to join and existing members to remain with the plan.
• Refers leads to outside sales representatives for in-home appointments and enrollment meetings.
• Follows up on sales leads to achieve enrollment targets.
• Orders pre-sale materials and distributes leads to outside sales representatives via lead tracking system, SFDC (SalesForceDotCom).
• Qualifies prospects and attempts to close the sale.
• Follows scripts for inbound calls, outbound calls, and telephonic enrollments.
• Remains up-to-date and familiar with competitor’s health insurance plans and industry trends.
• Focus on production and keeps up with team goals.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred. Minimum one year of call center environment experience required or Bachelor's Degree in place of experience.
License/Certification: Active, valid and unrestricted State Life, Health & Disability license for states represented or the ability to obtain with 90 days of hire.
For Medicare: Active, valid and unrestricted State Life, Health & Disability license for states represented or the ability to obtain with 45 days of hire.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Inside Sales Agent
LOCATION: Various, Michigan