TEKsystems Enterprise Systems Engineer in Lansing, Michigan
TEKsystems is helping a local enterprise level company identify a Systems Engineer for the next 12-18 months (contract, 40hrs/wk)! This is a great opportunity to get exposure to new technologies and various projects/initiatives underway and upcoming!
Top Skills Details
Data Center - experience supporting/deploying data center hardware (servers, storage, etc.)
VMware - experience racking/stacking servers, swapping out components, virtualization. (vSphere 6.5 or newer)
Cisco UCS - experience with Cisco UCS Central is ideal but open to UCS experience in general
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively work to maintain and develop expertise on relevant technology products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the server and virtualization industry
• Deploy and maintain company physical server hosts, virtual machines, and related hardware
• Implement and maintain security solutions, including OS hardening, anti-virus, and remedy processes
• Produce written documentation for infrastructure and software deployments
• Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
• Manage servers and their associated operating systems/software
• Perform tasks required for security audits
• Provide training and relevant documentation for support personnel (which includes Help Desk, computer technicians, and trainers), internal/external customers, and management
• Define and monitor server performance and storage space allotments
• Exposure to virtualization technologies like Vmware, Hyper-V, or KV
• Experience configuring server operating systems
This team is currently remote until the end of January, in which they plan to resume their hybrid schedule start in February. That schedule requires on-site Tuesday-Thursday, with being able to work remotely Monday and Friday.
• Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
• Microsoft server technologies experience to include the ability to manage and administrate DNS, DHCP, and all Active Directory administrative functions, referred
• Provisioning VMware virtual machines, administration, and management experience, preferred
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view the EEO is the law poster click here. Applicants with disabilities that require an accommodation or assistance a position, please call 888-472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.