Aston Carter Senior Accountant in Lake Forest, California
• Maintain accounting records in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
• Assist with month end close process, including:
o Preparation and posting journal entries.
o Reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts.
• Maintain accounting schedules, including Prepaids, Accrued expenses, Current/Non-current Deferrals, Intangible assets, Long-term debt and others as assigned.
• Prepare and track General Journal Entries.
• Assist A/P staff with coding of payables (G/L, Dept, Location).
• Assist with additional duties as assigned.
Accounting for Cash and Credit Cards
• Routinely reconcile the cash journal with actual bank activity and maintain the relevant schedules for this process.
• Record the necessary journal entries to address bank to book differences.
• On a weekly basis, download all credit card activity and ensure proper G/L coding prior to recording to the respective expense accounts. This includes working with different departments and business units to obtain an understanding of the expenditures.
• Maintaining a reconciliation and calculating the monthly credit card accrual.
• Assist in maintaining fixed assets registers, including additions, disposals, and calculation of depreciation.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of a capital expenditure requisition process.
• Assist in the selection and implementation of a fixed asset software application.
• Reconcile assigned intercompany accounts.
o Record any missing transactions as needed with proper supporting documentation.
Financial Reporting, Compliance, and Audits
• Assist with preparation of internal financial reports.
• Assist with preparing external financial reports.
• Assist with other financial reporting.
• Prepare schedules and documentation for various external audits and other assurance engagements.
• Manage external audit and assurance engagements request lists.
• Comply with company and department policies and procedures.
• Assist with design, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls.
• Perform technical accounting research and write memoranda on accounting matters.
• Implement changes for new accounting pronouncements.
• Actively participate in projects that will drive efficiency and streamline processes throughout the Company.
• Maintain organized accounting records, including monthly analysis, reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
• Understand and be able to apply proper accounting policies and processes.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in Accounting required.
• Minimum 2 years in public accounting for globally or nationally recognized accounting firms REQUIRED
• Minimum 3 years of overall professional accounting experience.
• CPA or MBA is highly desirable.
• Strong technical accounting skills required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment or supply chain environment is highly desirable.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills a must to ensure cooperation and positive results.
• Experience with global accounting entities preferred.
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.