First Horizon Bank Intern - SW Louisiana Market, Lake Charles in Lake Charles, Louisiana
At First Horizon Bank, we believe the key to success lies in developing strong leadership. In response to the need
for young future business leaders, we’ve developed the SWLA First Horizon Internship Program. The program is
designed to provide students and potential future associates with meaningful work experience to develop future
business leaders of tomorrow.
As a Banking Intern, you will work closely with the banking team to gain practical experience and learn about
various banking operations and processes. You will support the team in performing day-to-day tasks, assisting with
customer service, and contributing to projects and initiatives to improve operational efficiency. This internship
provides an opportunity to develop foundational skills in banking, finance, and customer service, and gain
exposure to the inner workings of a financial institution.
This internship provides a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the banking industry and develop
skills that will be beneficial for a future career in finance or related fields. The successful candidate will be a
motivated, detail-oriented, and professional individual who is eager to learn and contribute to the team's success.
• Assist with customer service by responding to customer inquiries, resolving issues, and providing exceptional
service in person, over the phone, or through email.
• Support the banking team in performing routine operational tasks, such as processing transactions, managing
customer accounts, and maintaining accurate records.
• Collaborate with team members on special projects, such as process improvement initiatives, data analysis, or
• Learn and utilize banking software and systems to process transactions, generate reports, and analyze data.
• Stay updated with banking regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and
• Provide administrative support to the banking team, including organizing and maintaining files, preparing
documents, and managing calendars.
• Participate in team meetings, training sessions, and other learning opportunities to enhance knowledge and
skills in banking and finance.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and adhere to the bank's code of conduct and professional
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program in finance, economics, business, or a related field
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interact professionally with customers
and team members.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic knowledge of banking principles, financial markets, and financial instruments.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• References may be required for candidates that speak to their qualifications for the program.
• Be available to provide a minimum of 10-15 hours per week
Facebook -- facebook.com/FirstHorizonBank
Twitter -- twitter.com/FirstHorizonBnk
LinkedIn -- linkedin.com/company/first-horizon-bank
Instagram -- instagram.com/first_horizon
YouTube -- youtube.com/channel/UCEVs5OMj-b0H9Dr5Q209_-Q
Corporate Diversity Commitment:
We remain committed to creating a more equitable society, and that starts with our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. We do this by elevating equity, providing capital and counsel, and committing to excellence in everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)