Chef de Partie (Bakery) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
A Chef de Partie prepares and cooks according to standard procedures, recipes, photographs and given instructions, assisting the Sous Chef in training team members. The role participates in product development and ensures the smooth operation of the kitchen.
What will I be doing?
As Chef de Partie, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food for guests and team members efficiently, economically, and hygienically as per standard recipes and procedures.
- Assist the Sous Chef in the day-to-day operation of the kitchen and to help maintain a high standard of food preparation and presentation.
- Plan, prepare and implement high quality food and beverage products, and set-ups in all areas and in the restaurants.
- Work seamlessly with recipes, standards and plating guides.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene according to safe and sound procedures as well as established FSMS standards.
- Maintain all HACCP aspects within the hotel operation.
- Use all equipment, tools and machines appropriately.
- Work for off-site events when tasked.
- Complete tasks and jobs outside of the kitchen area when requested.
- Assist in inventory taking.
- Knowledgeable of hotel’s occupancy, events, forecasts and achievements.
- Prepare menus as requested.
- Work closely with the Stewarding department to ensure high levels of cleanliness and low levels of lost and breakages.
- Effectively respond to every guests’ requests.
- Learn and adapt to changes.
- Maintain at all times a professional and positive attitude towards team members and supervisors.
- Adhere to established hotel rules and team member handbook, ensuring all team members under your supervision do so as well for the department to operate smoothly.
- Coordinate, organize and participate in all production pertaining to the kitchen.
- Check and follow-up on the ingredients for the ala carte menus, daily menus, and seasonal specials, maintaining the standards of pre-set recipes, portion control and costing at all times.
- Monitor food quality and quantity to ensure the most economical usage of ingredients.
- Check that the quality of food prepared by team members meet the required standard and make the necessary adjustments.
- Monitor overall food operation and ensure that food items are being prepared in a timely and correct manner.
- Understand, practice and promote teamwork to achieve missions, goals, and overall departmental standards.
- The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
A Chef de Partie serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- High school graduate.
- At least 3 years working experience in a 5-star category hotel or individual restaurant with high standards.
- Minimum of 1 year as Demi Chef de Partie or equivalent position in an international brand hotel.
- Technical education in hospitality or culinary school preferred.
- Possess a valid health certificate.
- Knowledgeable of Western or Chinese cuisine to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the position in an efficient and productive manner.
- Proficient with a variety of steaming, baking and soup cooking techniques. (For Chinese / Banquet Kitchen)
- Must have a variety of seafood and meat processing techniques.
- Familiar with a variety of cooked food processing, storing and receiving standards. (For Main Kitchen)
- Proficient in pastry, bread baking, and certain chocolate making techniques. (For Pastry Kitchen)
- Able to work with and consume all products and ingredients.
- Able to set priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Work well in stressful situations, remain calm under pressure and able to solve problems.
- Able to work in a moist, hot and sometimes loud environment.
- Possess good leadership and training skills.
- Knowledgeable in HACCP.
- Working experience in similar capacity with international chain hotels is preferred.
- Good command in verbal and written English to meet business needs, preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Chef de Partie (Bakery)
Requisition ID: HOT08ZZ6