Cisco Technical Consulting Engineer - Tier 2 (routing and switching) in Krakow, Poland
Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
What You’ll Do
In this role You will:
· Solve complex and diverse problems where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors with imaginative and innovative troubleshooting and experimentation. Problems may be previously unknown.
· Effectively utilize databases of existing issues, debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions for complex problems focusing on a high level of customer satisfaction
· Recognize, plan and lead complex systems/product team training and intellectual property material on routing and/or switching technologies
· Keep up-to-date with the latest technology products in order to provide a high quality support in current and future types of support services
· Build productive relationships with customers and takes ownership for customer success. Fully identify and resolve issues identified within the case and think beyond the fix to prevent future problems.
· Work as first level technical customer escalation. Interface with the customer on a daily basis and provide technical expertise, high class communication and negotiation skills required.
· Act as a mentor to other colleagues
Who You Are
· Minimum of 4+ years of experience in network support. Good practical knowledge of Cisco platforms and protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, STP, Multicast, HSRP, TCP/IP, IPSec, and Frame-Relay).
· Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
· Wireless skill set and experience desirable
· Nexus knowledge would be an asset
· Python and coding skills welcomed
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.