SMG Usher/Ticket Taker in Kissimmee, Florida
POSITION: Usher/Ticket Taker
REPORTS TO: Director, Booking and Events
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a part-time on-call Usher/Ticket Taker for SMG/Osceola Heritage Park.
The Usher/Ticket Taker will direct patrons to their seats for shows or events by performing the following duties. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills; responds promptly to customer needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, able to work independently and handle most questions without assistance. Efficiently and courteously answers questions concerning prices, seating, events, facility layouts and amenities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet each Guest with a smile and encourage them to enjoy their visit to our facilities;
- Listen attentively to Guests' questions, concerns or suggestions and be prepared to answer their questions;
- Inspect your assigned areas for any safety hazards or seating irregularities prior to opening the doors; report any problems to the Event Manager on duty;
- Knowledge of the locations of the nearest restrooms, drinking fountains, telephone, smoking sections and concession stands;
- Face the incoming Guests (not the floor) while standing at the top of your section or in the center of your passageway;
- Constantly scan the seating areas for any unusual happenings;
- Scan your assigned area for cans, bottles, and any alcohol related problems;
- Be alert for any objects being thrown from the seating areas and from areas above your area;
- Watch for seat jumpers to protect the integrity of the tickets;
- Prevent Guests and vendor from blocking walkways and aisles;
- Advise Guests who are smoking that it is prohibited in the seating areas and direct them to the designated smoking areas outside;
- Direct and control the exiting of Guests in the event of an emergency evacuation;
- Report any incidents to the Event Manager on Duty;
- Report any medical emergencies to a Manager on Duty; assist in completing an incident report, if necessary;
- Thank Guests for attending the event and conduct a thorough search of your assigned area for any items left behind;
- Turn in all lost and found articles to the Information/Customer Service desk;
- Ability to use and operate Ticket Master Scanner to scan bar code on ticket;
- Require each person entering the facility to have a valid ticket;
- Examine patron's ticket for valid date, proper facility, show time and seat location;
- Knowledge of reading the ticket text to direct guests to their seats;
- Take tickets at a pace to keep patrons steadily moving into the facility;
- Direct or escort guests with ticket problems to the customer service desk or Event Manager on Duty;
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned;
No supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Guest services background preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be able to speak, read and write English;
Professional attitude and appearance;
Ability to listen and follow instructions;
Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
Good communication, customer service and sense of public relation skills;
Good organizational and problem solving skills;
Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays as needed
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time required.
- Ability to use hands to handle tickets.
- Ability to see up close and far away.
- Ability to withstand high noise level, exposure to weather conditions and restricted lighting.
- Must be able to climb stairs and move quickly from one area to another in a safe manner under restricted lighting.
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at: WWW.OHPARK.COM
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 321-697-3333.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled