JPMorgan Chase Software Engineering in Jersey City, New Jersey
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
We are building the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Portfolio Core Technology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion for writing and testing high quality code.
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to be the engineering lead / solution architect of a team building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application from scratch.
• As a senior Software Engineer, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You'll join a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards (12 factor apps).
• With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, you will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
• Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Strong expertise with demonstrable experience in building mission critical systems using Java is a must.
• Knowledge and experience using Kafka is a big plus. Expertise in Avro design, schema registry, partitioning of Kafka topics, exception handling, Kstreams, KSQL will help you to be productive and contributing to critical deliveries from day one.
• You will be responsible for designing and implementing micro-services in Java leveraging domain driven design and Spring Boot framework on a private cloud (based on Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• You will write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability. Automated testing of your code is non-negotiable.
• You will lead and participate in code review sessions - peer reviews and group reviews. You will provide code review sign-off for your peer's and team member's code.
• You will demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.
• Participate in the API design sessions and selection of design patterns that are selected for use by the team. Experience building scalable Rest APIs, knowledge of GraphQL, is needed.
• Technical documentation of service API (using Swagger)
• Implementing logging, auditability, security, and monitoring features.
• You should be able to build lightweight user interface using Angular or React. This is not mandatory for this role.
● MUST: At least a BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university/college. MS or PhD in Computer Science preferred. Can consider non-CS degrees if there is strong relevant experience.
● MUST: Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming - you should rate yourself 8 out of 10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process.
● MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least 2 large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
• MUST: Experience with FIX 5.0 protocol for trade messaging. Including best practices and engine design.
● 8-10 years of experience in the role of software engineer. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
● Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
● Experience with implementing middle-tier data caching solutions (e.g. Apache Ignite / Gridgain or Pivotal Cache) and/or designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g. using protobuffs over AMPS) is a plus.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans