JEA Senior Living Housekeeper in Jacksonville, Florida
To maintain assigned areas in a clean, sanitary, safe, orderly and attractive manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by supervisor; assure that the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation is maintained at all times.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write and follow verbal and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Ability to remain calm under stressful conditions and make decisions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials, State officials, and general public.
- Must have compassion for, and desire to work with, the elderly and understand their needs
- Must be able to work full or part time on a regular schedule, and on-call as needed.
- Must meet all state health requirements
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation. Essential Functions:
Follow cleaning schedule and instructions as directed by supervisor, including resident rooms, offices and public areas.
- Sweep and vacuum all assigned areas
- Clean and/or polish all room furnishings, fixtures, ledges, heating/air conditioning units in resident rooms and all public areas.
- Clean windows and mirrors in resident rooms and all public areas.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting and deodorizing.
- Clean all hallways, stairways and elevators as necessary.
- Empty all wastebaskets.
- Submit maintenance work orders of general maintenance concerns and/or problems to Maintenance Director or Administrator.
- Report to supervisor any unsafe/hazardous conditions within the community and any needed repairs to housekeeping or other facility equipment.
- Clean and check model rooms and work in concert with admissions to insure that all incoming residents’ rooms are cleaned and ready for move-in.
- Clean the employee break room when necessary.
- Check and refill all paper towel and soap dispensers as necessary.
- Assist with laundry duties as directed or as needed including, but not limited to linens, towels, and resident personal laundry.
- Follow soiled and clean laundry protocol as directed by supervisor.
- Provide inventory of chemicals, supplies, linens as required.
- Log water or heat temperatures as required or requested.
- Follow infection control and universal precautions policy.
- Attend in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Keep janitor closets and housekeeping supply rooms clean and orderly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor or Administrator.
- Clean exterior windows, patios, or other outside areas as requested or assigned.