Edwards Lifesciences Senior Product Manager, THV Global Marketing in Irvine, California
Innovation starts from the heart. Heart valve disease and critical care therapies impact millions of lives, spanning all ages and geographies. As communities globally address the opportunities and challenges of cardiovascular care, telling a compelling and authentic story is more crucial than ever. Beyond raising awareness, our Marketing teams build lasting, trusted relationships with medical professionals and industry stakeholders to ensure patients can receive the treatments they need.
Aortic stenosis impacts millions of people globally, yet it often remains under-diagnosed and under treated. Edwards’ groundbreaking work in transcatheter aortic heart valve replacement (TAVR) pioneered an innovative, life-changing solution for patients by offering heart valve replacement without the need for open heart surgery. Our Transcatheter Heart Valve (THV) business unit continues to partner with cardiologists and clinical teams to transform patient care with devices supported by clinical evidence. It’s our driving force to help patients live longer and healthier lives. Join us and be part of our inspiring journey. This project manager will initiate, plan, execute, control and manage all aspects of projects to ensure ultimate project success within THV Marketing.
You'll make an impact by...
• Developing comprehensive global strategic marketing plans with discipline to include impactful tactical promotions and programs (personal and non-personal) for major product launches
• Leveraging insights to create strategic imperatives, positioning, UVP and marketing messages based on regional strategies, knowledge of current literature and scientific data, current competitive environment, and regulatory/legal requirements for major product launches
• Using current market and customer insights to create marketing mix plan (traditional and digital)
• Leading global HCP engagement strategy and implementation
• Applying effective storytelling capabilities with senior leadership, international leaders and to external customers
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to co-create programs (ie. brand, digital, professional education, medical affairs, etc) and regional/country marketing and commercial leads
• Partnering closely with Upstream Marketing on new product development and anticipated launches
• Building relationships with key opinion leaders (KOL) to help inform and roll-out product launch plans, and to understand current market conditions
• Acting as the owner and champion of competitive landscape and activities
• Driving marketing collateral/labeling through all relevant regulatory, medical and legal approval processes through collaboration with relevant cross-functional stakeholders for major product launches
• Partnering with the Global Marketing Operations team to drive regulatory submission and launch timing for new products
• Leading the execution of a major product launch in collaboration with regional partners as appropriate including Salesforce readiness (e.g., training on product, messaging, and competition) and track program impact through rigorous metrics
• Analyzing clinical and market data to assess regional impact of potential product launches
• Leveraging financial acumen to manage budgets related to product line, campaigns and projects • Other Incidental Duties
What you'll need (Required):
Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of relevant experience
Master's Degree or equivalent 6 years experience of related experience working in sales, marketing, or healthcare industry Required
What else we look for (Preferred):
• Experience in the cardiovascular space is a plus
• Experience in people/team leadership is a plus
• International exposure is a plus
• Proven successful project management skills
• Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent documentation and communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
• Extensive knowledge of own area within the organization while contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards
• Extensive understanding of related aspects of marketing concepts, competencies and principles
• Extensive understanding of broad market research designs, develops market research programs coordinating with the global VOC manager and demonstrates an in-depth understanding of commercial goals behind research
• Ability to forecast product lines for short-term and long-term accuracy based on market development, sales trends, competition and changing market dynamics.
• Ability to assess and understand market share, pricing, ASPs, competitive dynamics
• Possess strong clinical knowledge, experience and knowledge of the clinical areas where Edwards' products are used or intended to be used, understand the purchasing process and challenges for product adoption in complex healthcare networks
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to represent leadership on sections of projects within a specific area working closely with cross-functional teams, marketing peers and international leaders and managing needs and messaging to upper management
• Ability to maintain a strong relationship with the regional sales team, clinical specialists, governmental affairs, clinical economics and training to ensure effective and optimal integration of efforts
• Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
For California, the base pay range for this position is $111,000 to $158,000 (highly experienced).
The pay for the successful candidate will depend on various factors (e.g., qualifications, education, prior experience).
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless you request and are granted a medical or religious accommodation for exemption from the vaccination requirement. This vaccination requirement does not apply in countries where it is prohibited by law to impose vaccination. In countries where vaccines are less available, or other requirements exist, we may institute alternate measures that optimize patient safety and healthcare provider safety, which may include regular COVID testing or specific masking requirements.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.