Northrop Grumman Sr Principal Computer Systems Analyst-AHT in Huntsville, Alabama
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
IBCS seeks to fill the position of Tactical Systems Integrator with experience integrating primarily RHEL based systems and networked System of Systems in a Tactical and Lab environment. This candidate will have a strong working knowledge of LINUX (RHEL) and of IP Network Routing, and QoS Protocols. The candidate should be well versed configuring and optimizing Linux Operating Systems They will provide day to day operating system, software, and infrastructure integration as well as regression test support. Responsibilities will include integration and maintenance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Networking configurations with GOTS/COTS products.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Integrate IP based Tactical Networks primarily consisting of RHEL Systems and Cisco devices
• Work within and across teams to support and coordinate daily integration activities
• Execute root cause analysis to troubleshoot and resolve complex network and system issues
• Serve as an Integration engineering SME to include supporting configuration, troubleshooting, and suggesting changes to improve performance
• Interact with Senior leadership, Government customers, and Military members
• BS + 9 years of exp; MS + 7 years of exp; PhD + 4 years of exp or
4 additional years acceptable in lieu of a degree.
• Hands on engineering or administering Cisco networks and RHEL Systems
• Ability to script or work at the command line level within RHEL systems and Windows based systems
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work within a high stress and dynamic environment
• Current Security certification (e.g. Security+ CE or CISSP)
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Current Secret security clearance required
• Sr. Linux Administration Experience (RHEL)
• Understanding of Mesh Radios and RF-based communications and routing protocols
• ASOS (Army Systems of Systems) experience and/or ADA (Air Defense) experience
• In-depth understanding of routing and switching experience debugging network-oriented applications with comfort understanding
• Strong understanding of or experience with Network Design and Architecture
• Network Testing
• Sr. level experience with Cisco networks. Specifically Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices utilizing static and dynamic routing as well as virtual Interfaces
• Experience integrating COTS, GOTS and custom software in a security constrained environment
Salary Range: $107,000 - $160,000
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority . The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Apply Now Search All Jobs